C section hospital bag??

Heres Hoping

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i may be having a c section at 39weeks. Im currently packing my hospital bag & going shopping tomorrow for my final bits. I have been using a list which seems to be more organised for a labour delivery. Is there any thing useful or is there any items which you would recommend for a c section hosp bag?

Thanks in advance xx

Friends have said big knickers that will come above the scar line.

If I were having a planned csection and wanted to breastfeed, I might invest in a pillow, like one of those boppy ones to help support the weight of the baby.

Knowing you'll be in hospital longer then pack clothes, more snacks, money for the tv (our hospital you have to put cash in a machine to get a card for the tv), puzzle books etc accordingly. I don't see how else it would really differ.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

My number one essential for hospital, no matter what you're in for is flip flops for the shower!

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I think after a c section you stay in longer so more clothes also iv heard the wound/scar from incision can be painful so loose clothing not trousers that will rub on it a dress etc to come out of hosp in.

I had an elective c section 11 weeks ago, I had him at 10am Friday 3rd and was home by 2pm Saturday 4th. They really won't keep you in longer than 24 hours all being well. This was my 4th section, 3rd planned one, and things have changed so much. They did used to keep you in for 3 days but those days have gone. I was really worried about coming home so early but it was actually great compared to my others where I did have to stay in, hospitals are bloody noisy and hot!

As for your bag you don't really need anything different to a normal labour, big knickers are a must though and slip on shoes, anything that makes you bend should be avoided, in this weather an over the head summer dress and some flip flops would be perfect to come home in.

Good luck hun! x

tapatalkin

I had an emergency c section and was kept in for 5 days afterwards monitoring my BP which was to be frank hellish. I think I'll be packing the kitchen sink this time round. Lots n lots of maternity pads, lots of big comfy knickers, lots of nappies and extra baby outfits etc also a collection of plastic bags so I can get the washing together and send OH home with it each night. Prob OTT but packing for worst case scenario.

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

One thing which I found a really useful tip from one of the nurses was to put a sanitary towel on ur knickers , directly where ur c section scar is. This is after the dressing comes off. It helps keep it dry and clean. As for staying in hospital I was in 11 days altogether. This was only because I was in for 3 days pre op being monitored due to pre eclampsia then 8 days post op because my LO was in Scbu and they found me a bed specially. But yeah flip flops r a must as r lots of big knickers and sanitary towels. Lots depending on ur stay. And as tambo said, wear something that u don't have to bend down to put on. Knickers are enough struggle!! Good luck Hun. Can't wait to see u over in baby and toddler. I will be stalking tho xxxxx

Thanks ladies, really appreciate your replys. Their some good ideas i never would of thought of. Got some sexy big knickers today out of primark & flip flops :). Hopefully that will be me organised, couldnt face another trip around the shops in this heat. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back