C-section healing experiences

BettyHoop

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks pp and I feel worse each week since week 2. I had complications after the op - kidney failure, severe anaemia and an infection. My daughter was stuck looking out of my pelvis diagonally and they had to push and pull for quite a while before she came out. It took them a while to stabilise me and sew me up and I lost a litre and a half of blood, had a couple of transfusions.

My skin all over my tummy feels like it's on fire, I'm thinking this could be due to nerve damage? I feel more bruised all over my tummy every day, not just near the incision. I got a little hole in it that won't close and keeps weeping. I get sharp pains when I move, stand up, sit down etc.

Is this all normal? Does anyone else feel the burning skin or bruised underneath? If so when does it start to get better? I'm so tired of being in so much pain every day. My daughter is very grizzly probably because she went through quite a lot of trauma too so needs a lot of attention, bouncing, walking, etc. and I have to just let her cry it out sometimes as I physically can't do any more and it's heartbreaking! Xx

Last edited:
Hi Betty,

I had a csection nearly 8 weeks ago and it's only recently that I stopped feeling the pain that you described. My skin was very sore/ stingy to touch, not just near my incision and felt very bruised. At 8 weeks I feel almost normal again but if I press on my tummy it is still slightly uncomfortable. Don't forget you've had major surgery and allow yourself time to heal. I would say rest but we both know how difficult that can be with a young baby!

Also don't feel guilty about your daughter. You are doing your best and that is amazing!

Thanks for your reply, I think I just needed to hear that others had the same kind of pain I'm having as no one told me I'd feel like I'd burnt my skin afterwards, and that it gets worse before it gets better. And what is this strange thing called 'rest' you speak of?! Xx

I know it's really hard. A few weeks ago I was wondering if I would ever feel normal again, but I do. Obviously everyone heals at different rates but it will get better. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back