C Section Advice

hels

Reaction score
Im just wondering if any of you have any advice or experience with sections.
I wasnt give ANY information from the hospital, except 'take it easy' and no driving for 6 weeks. When i think about it now you'd think that they would give you a leaflet of do's and dont's wouldnt you? I think i have probably over done it knowing me (cant sit still!!) the hospital didnt even send me home with any pain relief.
I hoped you guys could advise - you usually can!! :) xxx

Hi Hels!

Just saw the pics of Charlotte - she's gorgeous!

I didn't have a c-section but I was talking to a girl that did (we were comparing notes!) and she was told to take showers rather than baths, to apply tea tree oil to the wound and to not lift heavy loads. Not sure if this helps you or not!

I heard the midwife seeing to the two ladies next to me (both sections) and they were getting pain relief prescriptions before leaving (I was also given a pain relief prescription today).

Hope to catch up with you soon

Lucy
Olivia 1 day old

I had a c-section and you need to take is easy for 6 weeks.
You are not suposed to lift any thing heavy, hoover , drive or lift anything over your head e.g. putting the washing out!

Thats really crap of your hospital to let you go home without any info, my hospital gave me a leaflet of the do's and donts etc. i was also send home with 2 lots of strong painkillers.

Try getting some co-codemol till you can get a proper prescription, what were they thinking of letting you home without anything, I had 2 different types, both were specifically for something to do with the section though. It might be worth giving your midwifry unit a call tonight.

I didnt get any leaflet home but they did say take it easy (eh?? :? ) and not to push the pram for a while. That actually did make sense once I ignored what they said and went out a walk. Sore tum :(

Hope you feel okay soon and get some drugs :D

I've had 3 c-sections now. If you find it hard to follow advice about taking it easy, don't take any pain killers. I've found pain is the only way of stopping me doing too much too soon - I've still done too much this time, but the pain made me think twice.

Tracy xx

Hi - I had one too and it was crap, but I was luckily I got some information from my hospital on what to do after a c-section..I will see if I can find it and scan it and PM it to you.

thanks girls!
its all pretty much common sense i know, but am amazed i wasnt given any info. come to think of it, they didnt even show me how to wind her, or change her, dress her etc.....she is my first, but have muddled along!

Hello

I had a section as well and im the same as you i did too much and my stitches opened up when i took my bandage off i noticed it.
Hope your ok and i know how your feeling my hospital didnt send me home nothing either.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back