Bye bye dummy?

wifeywifey

Reaction score
My son is now 2 years and three months and I've decided it's time to say bye to the dummy. Any advice, I've decided this week because my youngest is at mil so he won't have his to pinch. I'm dreading it.

We gave Cassies dummies to the dummy fairy. I took her to the local card shop to pick a small gift bag to put them in and some magic dust (confetti) to sprinkle in the bag so we could send a 'wish' to the fairy to come and collect it. She gathered up all her dummies herself to put in the bag and we left the bag next to the window. Once she went to bed I removed the bag and left a soft toy in its place. When she got up in the morning she was so excited and coped far better than I expected without her dummy x

Aw that is so sweet. My son is obsessed with birds so has thrown it to the birds and gone to bed. I think he is nearly asleep and no tears yet, maybe I worried too much.

I think its worse for us, the unknown of how they will react. My daughter was honestly hooked on her dummy and I worried so much, but she was totally fine. She only asked me for it once the next day, and by the end of the week she had forgotten about it x

He doesn't have it unless he is tired or Ill so he isn't too bad. He is asleep I can't believe it.

Oh that's brilliant Hun fx he doesn't ask for it back :)
I thought I might have the same problem like you we only use it sometimes and lately she hasn't bothered at all with it so fx she won't be needing it.

I'm dreading this! Jack's 2 in 9 days and i know i'll have to do it sooner rather than later now. He adores his dummies and takes 3 to bed with him every night. We have to hide them when he's awake or he have one in 24/7!! I won't be getting rid of it until he's had his tongue tie surgery though, and he's spending his first night in his proper bed tonight so one step at a time i think lol x

Owen has his for bed only. We have a magic bag that he has to out it in and take it out, maybe an adaption in a bag? X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

He went all night fantastic I'm so pleased, he hasn't mentioned it this morning I just hope nap time goes as well

I took Leo's away at 10 months and had a week of crying it out and now he doesn't fuss for it at all.
Not really much help as your LO is older.
OH threw his on the fire when his mum made him give them up.

I was just talking to my mom about this...... Its defo time!!!!! Ahhhh Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Well I have gone 24 hours, 2 bed times, he didn't even ask for it tonight just went to bed. It's been so easy, I worried more than I should. Fingers crossed thats it now.

Awww well done!

Such a big boy.

I seen the dummy fairy idea on supernanny, love that programe!

xxxxx

I love super nanny.
I must say I can't believe how easy it was. He hasn't bothered at all. Now just his blanket to go but that I'm going to let him keep but it stays in bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back