Buying nursing bras

SugaryIris

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I’m trying to pack my hospital bag and I know that I need to get some nursing bras but how do I know what size?

I’ve always been blessed in the boob department being a 30E/F prior to pregnancy and during I’ve been a 32FF. Only problem with this is that it can be difficult to get bras in my size, looking at nursing bras and I have no idea how I’m supposed to know what size I’ll be after birth!

Last edited:
I'd suggest stretchy crop top type bras (new look, H&M, etc do them with maternity stuff!) that tend to come in S/M/L etc for the first few weeks as size fluctuates over those first weeks, increasing as your boobs fill then decreasing as baby feeds. Around the 6-8 week mark is usually a good time to measure for 'proper' nursing bras.

My back size went back down as my bump disappeared post pregnancy, but my cup size increased 6 sizes with milk and stayed there for the duration of feeding. Some women hardly change at all and for others it's a huge difference so I'd definitely hold off on spending much but when you are ready, Bravissimo, Hotmilk and nursingbra-shop online are all great for larger sizes.

I'd suggest stretchy crop top type bras (new look, H&M, etc do them with maternity stuff!) that tend to come in S/M/L etc for the first few weeks as size fluctuates over those first weeks, increasing as your boobs fill then decreasing as baby feeds. Around the 6-8 week mark is usually a good time to measure for 'proper' nursing bras.

My back size went back down as my bump disappeared post pregnancy, but my cup size increased 6 sizes with milk and stayed there for the duration of feeding. Some women hardly change at all and for others it's a huge difference so I'd definitely hold off on spending much but when you are ready, Bravissimo, Hotmilk and nursingbra-shop online are all great for larger sizes.

this is what I wanted to do but getting one of these type that will fit a 32ff is proving really difficult!

I'm a 32H and find new looks to be pretty good early days. The Freya Chi nursing bra is fab too although a little pricey. I've got both the below and can wear a medium in them. They are not quite as supportive as I'm used to/would like but they will tide me over the first few weeks of fluctuation and leaking - then I'll keep them to wear to bed to hold breast pads in place! I hope you find something suitable soon x

Maternity 2 Pack Black and White Sleep Bras | New Look

Maternity 2 Pack Black and Stone Bralettes | New Look

I'm wasn't quite as blessed as you before pregnancy but I had similar change in that I went up roughly one back size and 1-2 cup sizes. I did find that I stayed that way so the nursing bras I bought when I was pregnant actually did me right through.

I'm a 32H and find new looks to be pretty good early days. The Freya Chi nursing bra is fab too although a little pricey. I've got both the below and can wear a medium in them. They are not quite as supportive as I'm used to/would like but they will tide me over the first few weeks of fluctuation and leaking - then I'll keep them to wear to bed to hold breast pads in place! I hope you find something suitable soon x

Maternity 2 Pack Black and White Sleep Bras | New Look

Maternity 2 Pack Black and Stone Bralettes | New Look

Oh wow! How are you even standing up!

thank you for the links I’ll give these a go x

Where I am we have a lady called ‘the bra lady’ that comes into antenatal classes and explains the importance of support and choosing the right fabrics so as not to cause yourself more discomfort if feeding etc. You can then book and appointment and she comes to your house and measures you. She uses the Emma Jane range of nursing bras and honestly they’ve been great for all 3 of my children. I was a 34FF pre pregnancy and was a 36H when feeding. She sold them all with back extenders too so I was a bit over a 36 but as my size decreased I just removed the extender. The bras themselves have quite a lot of stretch in them to accommodate fluctuating size. With baby 2 I didn’t get her to measure me and just ordered online. Baby 3 I thought I should get her back to be sure I was buying right and seeing as she doesn’t really charge a premium on the actual items.

so anyway you could just buy a couple of sizes up from Your current and see what you think. I’ve seen them on amazon and ASOS but I think they have their own website too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back