Busy Bees Childcare Vouchers for working parents

Amanda

Reaction score
My company have just joined a scheme called Busy Bees which can save you anything up to £1067 per year (and both parents can claim seperately so this could double).

The basic idea is that the company signs up (and they save money as well so that's their incentive), you then decide how many childcare vouchers a month you would like, up to a maximum of £50 per week per parent. These are then deducted out of your gross salary and you receive the vouchers (which all nurseries will accept). This way you don't pay tax or NI on this amount, and this is how you save the money.

For anyone that is interested, get your payroll department to go to

http://www.busybees.com/

Ooo, the website now says that the amount you can claim in vouchers has gone up in the budget!!! :D :dance:

My company has signed up to a childcare voucher scheme but my hubbies employers don't. Does anybody know if there is a way he can get the Childcare vouchers and claim back the NI and Tax he has paid on the £57, without his employers signing up to the scheme?

Give them a ring hun, they're great at explaining things.

For instance - if you are paying £50 per week for childcare, you'll get these in vouchers that you give straight to the nursery. Then they take the £50 out of your wages, so it doesn't count to the tax and NI that you would normally pay on it. I have no idea on the amount of Tax or NI you pay, but lets say that Tax is 20% and NI is 10%. So on £50, you would normally have paid £10 tax, and £5 NI. You won't be paying this, so you have saved yourself £15!! :dance: Does that make a bit more sense??

Nicky - I'm not sure if your DH can claim back money on his own. If DH can speak to his payroll section, and get them to look at http://www.busybeesvouchers.com/ it is self-explanatory and there is an email form they can complete for more information. And they will save money as well - it's a win-win situation! :dance:

Payroll section ROFL

There are only 2 full time employees at this company, my husband and one other, working for a Japanese gentlement who is getting nervous over him taking his paternity leave ... "we might be busy then". He has had a lot of pay problems with his employer, where they were deducting sums of money from his salary claiming he "hadn't worked the hours" when in fact he had been working overtime, and refusing to show him where on the clocking system records, he hadn't worked the hours. This has happened several times and goes on for several months. I won't even go into what his boss did to an ex-colleagues pension payments as that got sorted out of court. So I perfectly understand why he doesn't want to involve them even though they would save money as well.

BTW what does DH stand for? Sorry I am new to the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back