Burping

MrsHope

Reaction score
How often should I be winding lo? Sometimes hubby tries winding her and nothing comes up at all which I know does happen but the longer he rubs and pats her the more awake she gets then it takes forever to get to to sleep. Feeding only takes half an hour and getting her to sleep can go on for over two hours sometimes.

Is this normal? Or any tips/advice anyone can give us. I'm petrified of putting her down n her being sick xx

My LO is only up once in the night now (and even then its at 5am!) but I generally don't spend long winding him at that feed to avoid waking him. He doesn't burp after every feed but generally if he does it comes up pretty soon after. I'd say if nothing's come up after 5 mins and she's sleepy just put her back to bed.

I was told by my mw to never spend more than 10mins winding. They will cry when in pain and by burping them then, usually gets the troublesome wind up xx

I never use to wind the middle of the night feed, they are "usually" so sleepy still that they don't guzzle as much so don't take in much air

We used to do half a bottle them wind and he'd burp then the other half and the same but now he doesn't let me take the bottle out he screams lol so he takes 7 oz then I give him a wee pat and it's up. I find the more he has the easier the wind comes up.

A MW told me that when they'r feeding and they start leaking milk it means they need wind? And anytime Jackson had milk when he was little we winded him and it did seem to stop him leaking milk whilst feeding.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back