Burping

Olive

Reaction score
How long do you spend burping your lo? I worry at night incase I haven't done it long enough and he's sick.

He's just been sick a bit after burping just when I was putting him in gro bag.

Also what method do you find best? Over shoulder or sitting them up?

Xx

I start with him on my lap and if I get nothing I do over my shoulder and walk around takes about 10 mins or so sometimes

It takes us bloody ages, he's so difficult to wind. I start with him siting and then he gets thrown over the shoulder x

Is he BF? Things I read said bf babies are less likely to need lots of winding especially at.night ad they feed at a.more relaxed rate and thus take in less air. Also something said if you're winding for more than 5 mins that it probably doesn't need to come up. However F is not a windy baby but OS sick whether she's winded or not so this applies to het but may not suit many other babies. X in the day I generally put het over my shoulder and don't bother at night if its likely to wake her Xx

Not long at all for Fin...I lift him up and "stretch" it out of him or slowly stroke his back as he sits vertically from bum to shoulder repeatedly til something comes up if there is anything.

I miss the days when Issac just pumped throughout his feed and didn't need winding... now i sit him up rub his back up and down and pat his back. If that doesn't work then i lie him on his tummy and gently stroke his back and after that i give up and he normally brings it up himself eventually x

at that age it would take emma a good 10mins to burp. over the shoulder worked for me whereas my oh preferred on his lap. it gets easier as they get older, now you just have to sit her up. its actually a bt embarassing in public.

About 10 mins after every feed, I normally keep going til I hear a good bit coming up (always does) Its harder coz my LO doesn't sit over shoulder anymore, he hates it, so i sit him forward, supporting his chin. They need less burping the older they get.

:)

H normally always does one huge burp as I sit her up...if not I hold her in a sitting position and pat her back until I get a few little burps and one big giant one...never usually takes long x

I have to get someone else to do it usually, if I put him over my shoulder he goes berserk trying to find a boob, I suppose the temptation is too great, even if he's just fed!

Thomas was a terrible wonder and still is lol we had to lay him down for 10 mins then wind him now you can hear the wind rise and then go lol the only time he really burps is when he's sick with a tummy bug the rest of the time he farts like his father lol xx

Thomas was a terrible wonder and still is lol we had to lay him down for 10 mins then wind him now you can hear the wind rise and then go lol the only time he really burps is when he's sick with a tummy bug the rest of the time he farts like his father lol xx

Tyler farts like his dad too! Sometimes I have to ask which one did it!!

Tyler farts like his dad too! Sometimes I have to ask which one did it!!

Lmao I usually blame one and it turns out to be the other one lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back