BunnyN's baby

BunnyN

Reaction score
Hi Girls! This is very overdue but I just wanted to let everyone know we had our little girl. It was two weeks ago now. Not sure where the time went! She has been keeping me very busy and rather sleep deprived but I think that is normal! I'm currently typing one handed and holding her with the other.

I was very happy to be able to have a home birth with no drugs. It was a long labour (first sighs Saturday night, she was born Monday afternoon) but went very smoothly and although I was exhausted the pains were very manageable and I felt calm and stress free, I even managed to sleep a little between contractions. I spent most of the labour walking around which was the most comfortable. The contractions were never very regular, which got us worried toward the end of the labour when things seemed to have stalled a bit and the midwife started mentioning going to hospital if things didn't speed up soon but happily she was very patient with me and things eventually moved along. I pushed for about an hour but it felt like 10 mins. The baby had the umbilical cord wrapped tightly around her neck and the midwife couldn't get it over her head so had to deliver the shoulders first and take it over her arm but the shoulders came out easily so it wasn't a big problem. I had a very small tear and 4 stitches but hardly any pain or swelling after so was quite fortunate.

She weighed 9lbs 5oz at birth and is the most beautiful baby in the world, but then we are prejudice, lol.

Last edited:
Sounds like you had a really lovely labour - congratulations!!

Come and see us in Baby & Toddler...there is an April/May Mummy Baby thread :) xx

Congratulations sound's like a really nice labour well done u xx

Sounds like you had a really lovely labour - congratulations!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back