Bumps

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Geekachublog, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

I am on a serious downer about my "bump" at the moment, my stomach is DEFINITELY bigger, even a tad more round, but it's still so soft, it gets harder or night or when I'm lying down, but general walking around or sitting down and it's still got a wobble.

I'm not going to lie, I was chubby before I got pregnant (size 16ish), but I hate that it's not gone hard yet.

Does anyone know if / when it should start to wobble less?

2. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

I have always had a little bit of belly podge before becoming pregnant and my bump is fairly solid now at 23 weeks and doesn't wobble when I am stood up but it is still a little bit soft if I sit down, probably will be whole time.

3. JJ Mum

JJ Mum Well-Known Member

Im slim but didnt do any exersize since after november operation and was delighted to be preg but didnt think it would be quick like that so i still have a rubber ring pot tyre on front of mine just below belly button and i hate the way if your not careful or lean right forward when sitting down , it shows or leggings cut in revealing a dodgy bump shape and giving away its not quite all baby!!

Im 22 plus 5 today and bump is hard underneath and lower down as its quite a high bump for my dates, but my tyre still sits round middle on top wobbley and grabable!!

Dont worry my mate was a tiny bit larger , about 2-3 sizes bigger than you and she got hers 25/26weejs i think she had a cracking baby belly to show off then.

4. Geekachublog

Yeah, my husband said he thinks in 4 or 5 weeks I'll have a proper little pregnancy belly, it's really getting me down at the minute because I have line underneath my bump (makes it look like I have an overhang), even as big as I've been in the past I've never had an overhanging belly.
    My hubby looked at my tummy yesterday and exclaimed "You're gonna be massive aren't you?" :'(
    (He doesn't always know when to keep his trap shut).

5. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

Oh hun, don't despair. I have a baby bump at the bottom but the bit between my belly button and my boobs also sticks out and looks quite unattractive. I'm sure in a few weeks things will start becoming more defined for us both. I'm also a size 16 and have been for years so can relate. xxx

6. Pippa1703

Pippa1703 Well-Known Member

Im a size 18 (sometimes 20 in jeans!) My tummy is definitely harder in the morning when I wake up but prwt y much wobbles the rest of the time!
    Its a bit disheartening when you see lovely slim pregnant ladies but favt is we are all different. My mum didnt show till she was 8months, my friend in the us is 26weeks with a little boy and looks ready to drop twins!
    It'll come ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. Geekachublog

Thanks ladies, we went to mothercare today for new bras and I had such bump envy all the way around seeing the other ladies.
    I hate that it still shows if I have a waistband on my trousers (cut in 1/2).

I'm hoping it just hardens soon to stop me feeling a bit like a fraud. (although the girls at work keep asking if I'm carrying twins because they didn't expect me to be so big.

8. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

Yep this is me too!! People are telling me I'm looking bigger but it's still squishy. I also feel like thighs are really rubbing together and I'm still doing gym and exercise. Am usually a 14/16 and had to get a size 18 in mothercare skinny jeans - was gutted!! I lost 8lb on slimming world before preggers but just feeling like a blimp again now :( x

9. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

I'm getting thigh chafe too LD1978 and I haven't had that for years. It gets really sore but getting extra warm at the moment isn't helping either. I feel your pain. Might have to buy some talc. Haven't done that for even longer! xxx

10. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

Can we blame thigh chaf on pregnancy?? I'm hoping it is and not me getting a porker ha ha x

11. Geekachublog

I had thigh chafe anyway, no idea how to properly combat it, I used to cut the bottoms off tights or wear pull in shorts, both are proving difficult these days.

12. LD1978

LD1978 Well-Known Member

I've always had it to a degree but noticing it more in pregnancy. On hols I've worn hubby's boxers which have helped ha