Bumped his head.

Constantstar

Reaction score
Owen bumped the side of his head in bath yest and had a lovely egg on sode of head. He cried for a while but was ok after. This morning he seemed hot so gave him calpol, and he had a nose bleed ( which I presumed change in weather) could it all be linked?? Nursery have called and asked us to collext him his temp is 39c. Is it coincidence that all this is happening at same time?

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

it could be because of the changei n weather as its incredibly hot todya and changes in air pressure for the nose bleed HOWEVER knowingn he has recently bumped his head id probably get him checked to be on the safe side'1 x

Im wondering wether to keep an eye and see what he like. My oh just gone to pick him up so haven't seen him yet. ; ( x

mummy to ds 11/7/11

I'd give NHS direct a call just to be on the safe side. Especially because of the nose bleed. Hope it's all just coincidence x

He had some ice lollys bless him and some cereal and milk. He was tired so ive given him some medicine and he sound asleep. Will keep checking and give more medicine about 9/10 ish and see how he is and keep an eye on his temp. If im worried that its something nore serious il call nhs direct I think. He eating and drinking fine. After talking to my oh he thought he was a bit off yesterday anyway as he kept saying he was tired ( before the bumped head) so im inclined to think its two seperate things. Im gunna monitor him dont worry ladies and see how he is. Love my boy so much x

mummy to ds 11/7/11

so hard especially now the weather has changed etc.........had it been the same weather today as yesterday then id say take him to a and e tbh but because of al lthe humidty changing and the heat......me personally id get him checked but you have to trust what you're doing (not very eloquently put sorry) and trust your instincts :) the nosebleed would concern me though! x

Cay had the whole temp thing a coupla weeks back (highest was 39.1).
It took the best part of a week and two doc visits for one to take 10 seconds to look down his throat and find tonsillitis. He had one dose of amoxicillin that night, and no further temp after that.

If you go GP, please just ask them to check LOs throat. 39 temp is just too close to fitting territory, and whist I hear it's nothing to worry about, I know I couldn't bare to watch LO shaking all over the place. Xx

Thanks everyone, His temps gone down now with the neurofen and a cold flannel to 36.1 so il keep checking him . He due some more medicine in a couple of hours. Funny enough thinking abiut ut he did have a one off nose bleed about a week ago too for no reason x

mummy to ds 11/7/11

If it ggoes down then id stick with the neurofe n..... x

Temp this morn is fine. He chatting away and being cheeky. no more nose bleeds so far xx

mummy to ds 11/7/11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back