bump touching

.Ruth.

Reaction score
What are you all like with people touching your bump?

I had my baby shower on the weekend and decided to just let people have a feel whenever, people were literally coming into the house with hands at a ready to touch me! A few also felt it necessary to move very south and one stroked my fanny!

Personally I hate it, but just put up with it to be nice haha.

My boyfriends mum, stepdad and nana are visiting this afternoon and she has said she wants to feel him kick.... and so will his stepdad?

I just know baby won't be playing ball and I'm going to be sat there like a circus freak with everyones hand on my belly haha..

I'm a bit of a 'get out of my personal space' person :roll:

what about you?

Only my OH and my mum have been allowed to touch my bump!
The nice lady at work who used to rub and poke it was never welcome.

Im not one to sit lapping up the attention and having ppl touching me and stroking my belly. Im not a dog.

Hopefully when u say later thats babs isn't moving n is asleep.. they will not want to have a feel x

Sent from my GT-I9300

hahah tht made me lol yea i hate it.....dont like people touching my bump except my kids and husband....im always telling the kids to feel bump/talk to baby its so cute but when its other people it does feel a bit invasive and to much in my space xxx

I hate it personally! Even my sister drives me bonkers cause she never leaves me alone! I know lots of people who love it and fair dos to them but I am not one of those people. I'm not looking forward to my baby shower for that exact reason x

I dont mind close friends and family.. but id feel weird is my FIL attempted to..
My mum forced my step dad to feel his hiccups and kicking the other day, i didnt mind but u could tell he was mega uncomfortable lol.

My MIL hasnt even attempted and asked to touch my belly. I wouldnt mind her, but i dno if shes either not comfortable or just not bothered!? lol

But strangers NO!
Before i left work we had a lady come in to do customer service and IT NVQs with us.. ive done 2 with her so i guess she thinks we are best pals now so she kept grabbing me lol! Was a tad weird! xx

Lol I hate it!! It's so uncomfortable/awkward! I say 'u can see her move if u watch' and sometimes that stops them.
As for FIL... Noooo that's just weird! Lol
My friend actually had her FIL in the room (one in one out basis) during the birth and he actually FILMED the action end!! On his mobile! Wtf!!!! That man would have gotten a swift foot in the face!! She said she didn't care tho lol xx

Tapatalking. X

I hate it!! When I 1st started getting a bump all my darts team ladies were dying to touch and 1 of my oldest friends randomly leant over the table and rubbed my belly without even a warning and wondered why I snapped! Of all people, she knows too well how I feel about it to push her luck and she still did!
Since then, I've had to many people just randomly touching my bump and they all wonder why I tell them to get off! I'm still a fricking person you know and this is my space, get out of it!!
Took my hubby a while to brave it cos he knows how I feel, but I got to the point where I had to tell him he's allowed and even now he doesn't push it. My mum gets braver every time I see her, she knows how I feel but still wants to feel girly move - she says being able to see my bump move around isn't enough. My sister has respected my space, even though she is desperate to touch, I have let her a couple of times but she's been great about it. I managed to freak out my 12 yo nephew though...girly stuck her bum right out 1 day and I said to him "quick feel there" and as he put his hand on it she moved again and scared the life out of him lol poor kid!
I just keep my bump well away from people, will be glad when that bits over!!

Hahah poor lad! Lol ^^ xx

Tapatalking. X

i dont like it.

didnt with my first either ,im like whoooaa back off bitchlets my bump lol

even my mam trys her luck now n then but i still dont like that how ever i do love cuddles with the o.h in bed and his cuddles and touching is fine and my son is fine to touch it but no 1 else.my neighbour once placed her nad on my bump and wiggeld/shook her hand real fast n said wake up baby i said do that again and my hand will go across ur face.not nice i find it invasive x

Haha I thought I was being a right bitch! Glad it's not just me :)

Yer his stepdad has never had kids and wants to be really involved.. he was the one who asked me ages ago could he feel my bump - was only about 16weeks or so and it creeped me out :s my boyfriens tells me to stop being silly but its weird...right?

It is weird!! I don't think people understand how vulnerable you can feel when you're pregnant and being groped is the last thing you want! I haven't had it happen for a while which is a good thing as I was gearing myself up so whoever did it next was going to get groped right back! :) Most people wouldn't dream of invading personal space usually so why think it's okay to do it to pregnant ladies - do they not know how hormonal we are..?? :)

I tell people I'm not comfortable with it when they ask. OH feels all the time, my sisters allowed (can't really stop her anyway!) and my mum. My dad won't - days touching a pregnant belly is like putting a hand in a bowl of maggots (nice).

OHs family make me feel really weird about it, because my SIL (who was as pregnant as me) would grab everyone's hands and put them on her tummy when he kicked. I think because mine freezes whenever anyone touches, it's a bit weird!!

My friends gave up ages ago he/she stops kicking immediately when someone puts hand onto bump is really funny it still kicks for me and hubby and one very close friend who did get one kick but otherwise no one bothers me now they prob think I make it up lol

I don't mind that much. Not many people have done it anyways. Although one of the autistic children I work with got about confused and stroked my boob instead. hahaha
Working with kids you get used to being poked and prodded and hugged all the time so I guess it doesn't worry me too much. My step daughters and my mum and hubby are the main ones that feel my bump. I guess at the baby showers everyone will want a turn! ha!
xx

I'm the same, a male customer at work leaned over the counter the other day to rub my belly...made me really uncomfortable. I'm not a very touchy feely person anyway tbh but definitely don't like random people trying to touch me lol

I wanna know who rubbed ya fanny? lmao :D

Haha sadly no one worthwhile! Just my friend from uni.. said she wanted to feel where it all starts and if its just a straight slope up from my sideways smile ;) haha

His mum had a feel a few times but he wasnr kicking. So hopefully she will give up now. I avoided eye contact with his stepdad so he didnt run over and fondle me too!

Last edited:
If its a random person then no way. only my OH, my mom and dad and close family are allowed to touch. I feel too uncomfortable with anyone else touching my bump x

I think most women don't like it. I'm not overly keen although I don't mind close family doing it a bit. I think people forget that it's still your body, like when they comment on how massive I am, it's just rude!
I had a friend grab my bump and shake it about because she wanted the baby to wake up so she could feel it move! To be honest I wanted to punch her but being a friend, although not a close one that I could just be blunt with, I just had to edge back and laugh it off, not impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back