bump support bands

Dee1985

Reaction score
hi has any one herad of these???? my back ache is gettin unbarable im in pain 24/7 cant pick up my 10month old baby. in agony wen i have to bath her i walk like a 100yr old woman i phoned my midewife she said take paracetamol. i told her im in to much pain now and some one said that your midwife can refer you to a pysio?? she said oh no there is a 2month waiting list.. iv been lookin on the net to buy one?? any one no what there like i want to one that just goes under the bump and takes the weight of ya back? any one no how much ill be looking to pay and were to get one from? i went into mothercare lastnight they said they dont sell them and dont no were will? :(

I was planning to get a belly bra, but it turned out that I didn't need to in the end. you can get them on e-bay, but they are a bit pricey, but are suposed to work really well. just type belly bra into the search box

The bands that wrap around are also available, but I can't remember what the actual brand name is called.

owww thank u soooo much il defo b gettin one x x x

I've got one of those belly bra's and it was so uncomfortable and hurt my back (and bump) even more that I only wore it for about half an hour before I had to take it off, such a waste of money, for me anyway.

Dionne, my midwife said to me on my very first visit about I may need physio because of my history of back problems & it would be on the NHS, I will find out more on Tues when I see her again as my back is slowley killing me, i'll let you know what she says.

Nicki.x

Nicki

I didn't realise that the belly bras were uncomfortable

Thats really good advice! I'm glad I didn't waste £30 on one then. :D

I have been having back problems for 4 years now, so am seeing physio ...well, was..have been discharged at the moment because they can't do anything with me being preggy :)

Anyway, I was given a belly bra thing from hospital, with velcro to tie it...and just like Nicki, I hated it! Not comfortable at all, and feeling so much pressure on my tummy. As for the back ache, it did not really help, I am afraid, though the belly bra I got was made on purpose for pregnant women (apparently, there are different shapes!)

Dont' really know what to suggest though, I have not found any solutions!!! I am also walking like a very old lady at the moment! sorry! :cry:

Mel xx

Id get back to your mf or gp about the physio........i had no probs getting in......most places hold a back clinic for preggy laydees.....then you can go on to one on one appointments.

dionne i know how u feel mines killing me too i have sciatica caused by narrowing of disc joints in my back and was told that if it played up during pregnancy to see gp or midwife and they would send me for physio when i spoke to midwife about it she referred me and they told her the waiting list is up to 6 months long :( my gp is trying to get me in as an emergency but have been told i could still end up waiting 2 months this is ridiculous im thinking of going private although this is going to cost me a fortune let me know how you get on xxx

Hi,

Found one of those bump support things in babiesrus, they're £9.99. I may get one, depends on what my M/W says tomorrow, they're probably just as uncomfortable as the belly bra's!!!
I think the only cure is to have the baby!! :lol:

Nicki.x :D

hi all well im going to c my midwife tomorrow and im not going to leave there with out some thing better then paracetamol. working 8hrs a day in a office is a killer too.

urghhhhh

iv moved midwife as i have moved adress so this is my first appointment with her tomorrow and after are convo on the phone she dont sound to nice.
but im going to stop being a push over now, also im constenly consipated and if she tells me the same as every other midwife "drink orande juice and eat lots of fruit" il go insane i drink loads of orange juice!!!!

Hi Dionne,

Have you tried Bran flakes? I've been getting constipated and found having a handful or two mixed in with my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes did the trick. It does give me bad wind ( :oops: ) but does a good job getting things moving. I have found that O.J actually bungs me up a bit, maybe i'm just odd!

Nicki.x :D

Best thing for constipation I got from the GP was Lactulose, takes sickly/sugary but certainly does the trick naturally. Midwife mentioned whether I was constipated as I am taking co-codamal (codeine based) for SPD but said everything was okay and had some lactulose ready and she was happy about that.

I am taking dry apricots and dry plums...and pistachios...don't ask me why, these do the trick for me!!!

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back