Bump seems really big!

fairyprincess

Reaction score
Hi guys, this pic was taken at 16 weeks and I think it's really big! I know everyone is different but I've googled 16 week bump and some people have only got a tiny one. I was laughing it off with DH the other day but was just in John Lewis and this woman was chatting away to me and when I said I was 16weeks she was really surprised and said I looked much further along!

Should I be worried? X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
I've pretty much had the same comments all the way along. Most people assume I'm about to drop, and when I Google images all the pictures seem so much smaller than I am.
No advice obviously, but I'm also worried - don't see how I can double the size I am now!

I know you've felt the same and I've always commented to you that you have an amazing bump and not to worry.

Can a big bump be a sign of gestational diabetes? I know I'm at risk with having PCOS and I've got other symptoms too such as being thirsty and recurrent thrush. I know these can also be just pregnancy things but maybe I should mention it to MW- seeing her on Thursday x

I know you've felt the same and I've always commented to you that you have an amazing bump and not to worry.

Can a big bump be a sign of gestational diabetes? I know I'm at risk with having PCOS and I've got other symptoms too such as being thirsty and recurrent thrush. I know these can also be just pregnancy things but maybe I should mention it to MW- seeing her on Thursday x

Definitely mention it. You should be sent for a GTT anyway with PCOS - I also have extreme thirst, thrush and baby is measuring ahead but my tests all came back fine, so don't worry to much about that xx

Thats me week 15 and 17, I was still a size 10 by this point but bump wise pretty decent. Id say your bump was more from the sides than mine though.

Id say thats when it was first noticable to people, before that I probably looked chunky.

Id say its pretty much normal. I dont think other people can really comment what they think is big for 3, 4, 5m etc because actually they dunno what size the person started out, what size the baby is, how much they are eating etc etc :p can deffo put panic on some.

Id mention it if you were worried, but I wouldnt say your bump screamed diabetes :p! It looks like your... blossoming :)

xxxx

Attachments

• IMG-20120705-00033.jpg
    IMG-20120705-00033.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 27
  • West Dunbartonshire-20120719-00818.jpg
    West Dunbartonshire-20120719-00818.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
Ok thanks Claire, I suppose I wasn't worried until the lady commented. I shouldn't have listened! I've heard it can look bigger at different times of the day too depending on what you've drank/eaten etc x

You can't listen to anyone. I've had just as many people tell me "you're so tiny!" as I have tell me "you look much further along!" - in all 3 of my pregnancies. You look perfect for 16 weeks.

Thanks, I feel bit better now. I love having a bump, I really don't wanna be worrying about the size! X

Everyone's different .... look at these two, one on the left 21 weeks and one on the right 25 weeks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I think people think because your belly is showing and your pregnant they have a right to comment. You wouldnt randomly say someone was too big or too thin normally.. But if your pregnant it like oh its ok to now say we think your huge or tiny.

I got mixed to, albeit only a few says I looked tiny, but I was all baby but some just always says oh your huge.

I actually was convinced id go early because everyone was like ohh your so low and big youll go early. I blood well never :lol:

xxxx

I think you got a great bump for 16 weeks. I'm feeling huge this time, much bigger than I was with my daughter. Except from my mum and OH no one has mentioned how big my bump is this time. In my last pregnancy everyone was saying how big I was but I measured on the small side throughout! X

You look fine :) it's different for every pregnancy. One of my colleagues even had a big bump at 3-4 months and it didn't grow much later. I've also noticed a lot depends on your clothes. When I wear certain pregnancy tops or dresses, people notice immediately. When I put on my rain coat or some loose t-shirt, I start worrying cause my bump 'is getting smaller' :p

That is a lovely bump FP. Everyone is so different! It's like BMI - I know it serves a purpose but someone who is really muscley (like a rugby player) comes up as overweight on BMI charts. Everyone is different and you look FAB! xx

I am 16 weeks today and was told yesterday by loads of people that I wasn't showing, but I feel and my DH feels, that I am. So does my mum.
Some days I look big, others not! Depressing!

Was in DH's work the other day and chatting to a friend who is only 5 days ahead of me. Her bump is smaller than mine but she has a very small Asian frame so we were just laughing about it. Then this woman who I don't know and my DH doesn't even know her name starts chipping in that I'm 'massive'. She must have asked me if its my 1st about 3 times as she couldn't believe it and then told me I needed to get checked in case something is wrong! Grrr so frigging rude. Anyway, MW is coming tomo so I'm going to mention it to her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back