Bumgenius Elemental Leaking

Rooster30

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just tried a BG Elemental for the first time ever and it leaked right through.

I prewashed then three times on a hot 60c wash and hung them outside to dry. I put my LO in it this morning at 0815, we went out just after 1000 he walked for a bit and got in pram at 1015, when we got to park about 15mins later I noticed a wet patch on his trousers. I kept an eye on it and the wet patch got bigger so I took his trousers off and went home. By the time we got home his nappy was completely sodden.

Is there anything I did wrong? I thought they'd be more absorbent than this?

He did have a big drink before we went out.

Oh and when I say they leaked I mean right through the whole nappy not out if the sides.

I think with elementals they need quite a few prewashes to gain full absorbancy. I am finding that the inner sometimes bunches up so the liquid ends up seeping through the legs. I've never heard of it leaking through the nappy though. Have you checked for any defects?

It shouldn't leak through the nappy. You also shouldn't wash PUL at 60 repeatedly though :s

What do you mean by PUL wash? I just went by the instructions on the Bumgenius? It said to prewash 3-5 times on a hot wash.

As I bought two as a trial I haven't really used them since, but I gave it a cool rinse afterwards and have a hot wash on a 800 spin.

I plan on trying them again this week.

PUL is the waterproofy stuff. I don't know for sure obviously this is what it is but washing that hot repeatedly could damage. Id have put it through at 40. If it leaks like that again, contact wherever you bought it as its under warranty for a year.

Elemental is natural fibres also so could take more washes to get up to full absorbancy. Obviously thats the soakers not the PUL though :/

So confusing. I'll definitely get in touch with the seller and ask what's up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back