Buggy boards

Marcel

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm considering getting a buggy board for my 2.5 year old as he's still not great at walking for long and I have a 9 month old aswell. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with the options and mixed reviews! Do you have any recommendations? I just have a basic chico stroller, thanks x

Last edited:
I have a 24 month old and 9 month old, oldest loves to walk but her little legs do give out after a while. We have he bugaboo donkey so have bought the bugaboo board which has a little seat like a bicycle on it. Means we could convince her on it as it looks more like a tricycle. I would say that a board that provides a place to rest their little bum might be a good idea x

We got a lascal maxi when my eldest was around 2yrs 7 months and it was really good. Initially she was like your lo and didn't like to walk too far but the buggy board sort of encouraged her and then gradually I stopped bringing it and from around 2 yrs 11 months she just walked everywhere. Good thing too as i dont use the car living in London.
My youngest is 2yrs 1 month and absoloutely loves walking everywhere so i rarely use the buggy now. However im due no.3 very soon so I reckon ill be dusting off the buggy board again.

Thanks for the replies, did you have any trouble reaching the handles or kicking the board? Some reviews say to watch out for this but I'm not sure how I will know until I buy it!x

Yeah Id kick it sometimes but not a lot for it to be a pain. It would be harder to steer with the buggy board attached but my eldest is very tall for her age so i think that's why. I found it a good bit of equipment to encourage her to walk more.

Oh another thing I would do was get the big rain cover from the double buggy so if it rained i could cover her and her sister up with it.

double post

Last edited:
Ours is offset so you can sort of walk to one side and avoid kicking it as much but our handle is also totally adjustable so I can extend to full length to help avoid kicking it x

Thanks for the advice, I'm picking up a lascal mini board today so will let you know how I get on!x

Well we have success! Lo loves the buggy board and it is fairly easy to walk with even with the my other lo lying flat in the stroller. Thanks again for the advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back