clairescunny55

Reaction score
im doing a buffet on sunday for my family, so far i have recipes for

honey glazed ham
chicken wings with honey soy and seseme
cheddar and bacon stuffed baby potatoes
asparagus rolls with parmesan and prosciutto
peanut prawns on cucumber

apart from those and the usual sandwiches sausge rolls and cocktail sticks, can you think of anything else you'd have? thanks :hug:

Oooo, I did one a christmas that everyone loved but unfortunetly you can't have while preggers. Dried fig and goats cheese spread wrapped in parma ham. It's one of Nigellas, I can't wait to try it!

What about mini blinis with a bit of smoked salmon and cream fraiche topping with some fresh dill? Can be used as a starter or finger food :)

If you want to do cocktail sausages with a bit of a twist you can dip them in honey and mustard (wholegrain) and then cook. Tastes yummy and gives it a fresh take. I use a good honey, a couple of tablespoons and then about half that in mustard. Coats about 24 sausages but then I always add extra half way through cooking to keep it sticky :roll:

We are doing a buffet on new years day for Brooke's birthday!

We are having

assorted sandwiches (beef, ham, cheese, gammon)
voulavants
quich
mini pork pies
mini scotch eggs
mini sausages
assorted crisps and dips
prawn ring
prawns in pastry (cant remeber the real name :rotfl:)
mini sring rolls
those little triangle pastry things (not sure of the name mum got them)
a bowl of mixed salad
a bowl of savory rice
homemade colslaw

cant think off anything other savory stuuf at the min, but we will also have mince pies and cakes on the table and also a homemade christmas cake

HTHs

I always boil up a huge pot of baby potatos and melt butter over them and have them with dip. It's so simple but tastes amazing!

a bowl of chilli, serve it with pitta bread, cut the pitas in half,open em and then people can fillem with chilli

for those people that arent preggie, button mushrooms, raw, stalks off and filled with boursin cheese

rather than sarnies, mini bridge rolls, cut in half and spread with differant toppings such as egg mayo, corned beef mixed with onion and mayo, roast beef and horseradish, tuna etc etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back