Brusing after clexane..

twinkle90

Reaction score
So this bruising i have was from an injection i took abiut a week or so ago. Its gone slightly yellow, purple and red dots on it. Why isnt this going away? Its been here ages xxx

A week isn't a very long time for a bruise to go. It's normal to get bruising from clexane (you may know this already, sorry) because it slows the blood clotting, so you bleed under the skin more than with other injections.

It will probably fade and go over the next week or so.

Some of my worst fragmin ones have lasted 3 weeks!!! Haven't had one that bad though since stopping aspirin and reducing dose a few weeks ago though. I've got in the habit of ice cube on the skin before and after and its really reduced the bruising too. Don't think there's much you can do about the one you've got now :wall2:

Thanks ladies :) also sometimes when i inject i have a lump under the skin. Is that normal? I pushed on the lump and it felt squishy like the lump was filled with clexane. Again is that normal? Xxx

I geta lump before bruise, its the blood collecting before it clots. Give it pressure and ice to try and stop it getting too big. I usually get a bit of bleeding from the injection site too if its going that way...

I felt my skin bubble up between my fingers when i pinched to inject. Felt weird..never had it before xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back