Brushing Teeth

claire671

Reaction score
Hi ladies

First post for a while, sorry I've been neglecting PF!

Just wondering when to introduce a tooth brush with MJ. He has three teeth on the bottom, two at the top (looks like a wee vampire at the minute!) and his front two are cutting through at the moment. Is it too early to give them a wee brush at night or something? He's 8 and half months old.

Thanks in advance!

x

My lo is 8 months old and has 2 teeth. I have been trying to brush them every morning though she isn't too keen lol xx

Iv tried brushing meri's teeth since she got her first 2 teeth but its pretty impossible! She just pushed the brush out with her tongue. Monkey. Nearest I get is giving her her brush and she chews it. It's worth a try though hun! You might have a well behaved one who lets you brush them! Ha ha x

A has got 2 teeth and I've been brushing them pretty much since they cut twice a day. She doesn't mind it too much either! :) xx

i started brushing dexters as soon as he got his first tooth. he loves to brush his teeth. its a great distraction for me too, if im getting dressed or something i just give him his toothbrush and it always makes him happy for 5 minutes! or if hes coming out the bath (which he hates) giving him his toothbrush while drying him always works a treat! we introduced it by brushing our teeth along with him so he wanted to do it to copy us. xxx

I was told to start brushing as soon as the first tooth appeared which i did with ds1 and he never minded having them brushed. Still waiting on teeth from my 6 month old so no idea if he will be the same? X

I have this wee thing for Harry that is essentially like a teeter but it has wee silicone bristles on it that they chew on & it cleans their teeth at the same time. Thought it was a good way of introducing brushing his teeth (well gums, he STILL has no teeth!!) I think I got it from boots, could pick one up for you & bring it on Sunday if you want Hun? Xxx

Thanks ladies. I've got a baby toothbrush and paste so will introduce that tonight at bed time. Hopefully he'll be ok with it! Thanks Rheann I think I've seen those, I'll try out the brush first and if he doesn't like it then I'll pick one of those things up xxx

I started brushing Ethan's twice a day as soon as his first one came through. He hates it though! Xx

I've been using the teething toothpaste which comes with a wee rubber toothbrush that goes on the end of your finger, Alyssa loves it!! So much so she takes it off my finger when we're done and rubs it around herself. It's really good :) Here it is xx

I started when B was 6 months shortly after his first teeth arrived and generally he does it himself by biting down on the toothbrush. My HV said its important that the teeth are coated in a thin film of toothpaste and there's no need to rinse. I just make sure there is toothpaste all over the toothbrush then I'm pretty confident that he chews on it enough!

My dentist said to brush teeth and gums as soon as first tooth appeared, especially at night.

I give her a chewable toothbrush after her morning bottle and brush with toothpaste every evening. Its not easy though!

She has 6 teeth already so its important

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back