Brownish red discharge

ThisyrinJLM

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm at 5w3d, and have been getting brownish-pink discharge when I wipe and wet spots in my panties. How worried should I be?

I know that the usual answer for this is "Don't worry about it unless the blood gets heavy and you have serious cramping"-- but I feel like almost every time someone posts about spotting on these boards, it doesn't end well. Really nervous and jut want to run to the ER in the hope they'll give me a scan.

Hm, I wouldn’t say don’t worry about it unless it’s dark or you start cramping. I think any sign of blood, light or heavy should be mentioned to your doctor! They may want to see you, they may not. Plenty of women spot during early pregnancy and go on to have successful pregnancies throughout- but it’s 50/50. I would call your doctor and let them know what’s going on. I hope everything is okay!

I had spotting in my pregnancy and Iv a healthy toddler. Saying that any worries you have I’d ring and speak to a dr would do no harm x

Thanks for the replies. I did call my doctor, and she said to go to a clinic if it gets heavier, but otherwise to try to make an appointment tomorrow at a pregnancy center for bloods and/or a scan. Praying it will work out.

Lulinka, I'm going to ask that you start another thread, since you are having a different issue so the replies to you won't be relevant to me, and replies to me won't be relevant to you. There's a black button saying "post new thread" at the bottom of each forum.

Thanks for the replies. I did call my doctor, and she said to go to a clinic if it gets heavier, but otherwise to try to make an appointment tomorrow at a pregnancy center for bloods and/or a scan. Praying it will work out.

Lulinka, I'm going to ask that you start another thread, since you are having a different issue so the replies to you won't be relevant to me, and replies to me won't be relevant to you. There's a black button saying "post new thread" at the bottom of each forum.
Sorry i am new in here so confused really

Could you Please help me.
I had my period but it been little strange then i used to have it ended also earlie yesterday i got evap line today it was negative but 5minutes ago i saw brown spotting what that mean i am so confused

Update: the bleeding turned redder (though still relatively light), so I went to the hospital. There was some bad and some good news.

The bad: The doctor did say that the bleeding suggests an elevated risk of miscarriage, though she said most pregnancies with light bleeding wind up developing normally.

The gestational sac seems to be on the very edge of the uterus. She and the ultrasound tech both thought it was inside the uterus, but she wants me to come back and see an expert tomorrow to rule out an ectopic, which she still considered a low but real possibility.

The good: my hcg, which was 480 last Thursday, measured at 4100.

And--the really exciting part--they could not only see a gestational sac, but a yolk sac and a very, very tiny fetus! No heartbeat, but she said that is expected at this stage.

So...now I wait.

Update: the bleeding turned redder (though still relatively light), so I went to the hospital. There was some bad and some good news.

The bad: The doctor did say that the bleeding suggests an elevated risk of miscarriage, though she said most pregnancies with light bleeding wind up developing normally.

The gestational sac seems to be on the very edge of the uterus. She and the ultrasound tech both thought it was inside the uterus, but she wants me to come back and see an expert tomorrow to rule out an ectopic, which she still considered a low but real possibility.

The good: my hcg, which was 480 last Thursday, measured at 4100.

And--the really exciting part--they could not only see a gestational sac, but a yolk sac and a very, very tiny fetus! No heartbeat, but she said that is expected at this stage.

So...now I wait.

How did you get on today? Have you had your repeat check up yet?

Thanks for asking! Yes, today's appointment was mostly reassuring. Four more doctors looked at the scans from a more intensive transvaginal ultrasound, and they all agreed that the sac was in the uterus--it was very close to the "danger" line, but on the right side of it.

They did say I have what is called an "angular" pregnancy, which is what they call it when the sac is on the edge like this, and that is is associated with a moderately elevated risk of miscarriage, though a majority of pregnancies with this presentation are successful.

I got a follow-up ultra for next Wednesday to see if they can hear a heartbeat.

Thanks for asking! Yes, today's appointment was mostly reassuring. Four more doctors looked at the scans from a more intensive transvaginal ultrasound, and they all agreed that the sac was in the uterus--it was very close to the "danger" line, but on the right side of it.

They did say I have what is called an "angular" pregnancy, which is what they call it when the sac is on the edge like this, and that is is associated with a moderately elevated risk of miscarriage, though a majority of pregnancies with this presentation are successful.

I got a follow-up ultra for next Wednesday to see if they can hear a heartbeat.
Ohh still a bit of a worry for you then no doubt but definitely some good news to focus on. I hope everything goes well at your next scan please keep us updated I will keep my fingers crossed for you x

Thanks so much! Will let you know how it goes after the next scan.

Hope everything goes well at the next scan, hopefully that second appointment has given you some reassurance x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back