Brown CM so scared

Clover

Reaction score
I've just bee to the loo and I have dark brown stringy cm :( im so scared I feel sick

xxxxxx

Clover, I would contact EPU tomorrow and request an early scan, try your hardest not to worry yet, lots of girls on here have had spotting and all has been ok. I know how stressful it is, but try to distract yourself and hopefully an early scan can put your mind at ease. Sending you a big hug xx

Thanks so much for your reply Clementine
I'm on holiday at our caravan in Skegness, I will contact the local hospital tomorrow and see if they will give me a scan
I'm cramping a bit too
I know I won't sleep I'm just so terrified that something's wrong :(

xxxxx

Gail I had this exact same thing at 4.5 weeks (dark brown discharge for 24 hours) and again - but pink - at 7.5 weeks. I lost my shit with worry. I'm now almost 20 weeks (on Friday) and everything is fine. I know it's so scary but it's also so normal. When I called the midwife she didn't even suggest I come in, she was so totally unconcerned.

Keep us posted - I have a feeling everything is fine!

Clover it's so easy to say don't worry, but try and relax and positive. I bled through both my pregnancies and had the brown discharge, and I have two beautiful boys.
Let us know how u get on sending lots of love x

Hope ur ok...just jumping in to say that the nearest hospital with maternity services from Skegness is 18 miles away at the pilgrim hospital in Boston.

Skegness doesn't have a proper hospital, it's just an urgent care centre with 1 ward and outpatient clinic.

There's many reasons for bleeding early on though and if you haven't got any major pains there's probably not much anyone will do...have you dtd recently?
Plus spotting when af would be due is very common so try not to worry xx

Last edited:
I'm spotting pink now, I know it'd probably nothing but I'm absolutly beside myself

I'm just sat crying I thought my symptoms had gone too

xxxxxcx

Please try not to worry, although I know it's hard xx
Brown cm is most likely residual implantation bleeding or 'old blood' which is generally not something to worry about. Last week, I had bright red blood, enough to soak 2 pads and also some cramping. I was so scared and went to a+e but all was fine, so it doesn't always mean the worst. i was told to come back if I started getting clots but otherwise just to rest up till bleeding stopped.
Do get in touch with an epu in the morning though and get checked out. Hopefully they'll be able to do an early scan xx

Thanks so much Smileygirl ,
It's nice to know positive stories, I've been googling like mad and I didn't realise how Common bleeding is especially around this time

I'm going to try to go back to bed and get some sleep then ill ring the hospital in the morning
Really need to calm down ;)

xxxxxx

Clover I hope you're OK, sending you hugs :hug: I'm sure everything is fine. Symptoms come and go and lots of women get some bleeding during pregnancy xx

I hope all is well.

I had brown cm from 7w throughout tri1. More cramping than this pregnancy too.

Once I had the scan to say all was well I got home and vommed :lol:

Try not to worry.

xxxx

Hi Clover, I had a really bad bleed in early pregnancy with my daughter, so much that I thought it was a period. I didn't know I was pregnant at the time and was shocked at my 12w scan to find I was actually 4 weeks further along. The nurse was annoyed I got my dates wrong but I was adamant I had a period, they sent me to a consultant and he said its actually really common during the first trimester to have bloody cm because it's your mucus plug forming and the loose stuff can fall away. I went on to have a healthy baby.

Get yourself checked out. It doesn't matter where you are, the nhs won't turn you away because you're out of town xx

Last edited:
I had brown cm at six weeks and completely freaked after three previous losses. Called my dr who referred me for a scan and at 6+2 saw my perfect little baby and hb. It stopped after that and I've been fine since. Had a private scan at 10w as I'm a worrier and all still on track. Def call and get referred for a scan and try to relax (I know it's hard!!) x

Clover, thinking of you & hope everything will be ok. I spotted at 9 weeks just for a couple of hours with no cramping. I'd read so much about this I wasn't too shocked. In fact at my booking appointment the MW asked if I had experienced spotting when I said no she said if you do don't be too alarmed it's very common. I didn't even tell her when it happened. Keep us posted & I'll keep everything crossed for you. XXXX

Thanks for all the lovely messages
I had been up most of the night so went back to bed at 5.30 and managed to sleep for a couple of hours
I've just got up and there is no further spotting at the moment nothing when I wipe

It was very similar to what I had when I implanted at 11dpo
last night a it was a stringy brown bit (but had been having a lot of gross stringy/ewcm..but clear/white) sorry TMI
Then pink /brown on wiping each time I checked

I've calmed down a little bit now and can think a bit better now I've had some sleep

I'm going to ring my GP and speak to the midwife if I can
I'm still terrified I'm going to start bleeding again and I'm worried something is wrong :(

xxxxx

Clover. So pleased your spotting has stopped. Look on the positives. You weren't bleeding heavily with clots. You weren't in severe pain. You didn't have a fever. You have stopped spotting. Sounds good to me. Let us know what the surgery says. Hugs xxx

I'm bleeding again , on my way to the hospital
So scared :(

xxxx

I had a random bleed at 16 weeks with my son Clover & he was absolutely fine. Really hoping all is ok & have everything crossed for you X

You are in my thoughts, I hope you get good news at the hospital xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back