Brown blood when wiping

Jeni 1990

Reaction score
I have rang my epu who said try not to worry its normal to lose brown blood its not actually coming out its when i wipe and also have been using pessaries they havent been mega concerned as they have seen the start of the pregnancy and my blood work has risen well enough on friday also i had an internal on sunday which was painful for me because of my endo! Any other ladies experienced this im just so terrified of miscarrying again
Thank you!

I had brown blood with my pregnancy and was told all is ok. Only if it’s red. I would spot before my af so it seemed like the brown spotting was just continuous until I was a few months Iv a healthy happy 8.5 month old baby xx

I had brown blood with my pregnancy and was told all is ok. Only if it’s red. I would spot before my af so it seemed like the brown spotting was just continuous until I was a few months Iv a healthy happy 8.5 month old baby xx
Thank you so much i think i would be due a period now so i feel like im having that break through bleed also i feel abit sore down there as i have been using pessaries and also had an internal scan which for me is like having sex and with endo i feel pain constantly ... my mum lost red blood with us and we are all here its a nightmare after 3 miscarriages and im under recurrentloss so really this morning they werent concerned if im honest i had a nurse who was short for my ultrasound results and said we cant see anything even though the sonographer told me the sac was there and she didnt expect to see anything as my test was only positive on the 10th at about 923 i had a pre op on the 2nd that shown no pregnancy and my bloods on the 12th were over 1183 and epu this morning said they have the notes of the sac on scan.. so frightening isnt it not like its my first pregnancy unfortunatly as i got caught pregnant at 16 i had a termination one of my biggest regrets but my situation was unhealthy for a baby but i bled during the bit of pregnancy i had then its god paying me back for being young and dumb!! .. awww how is mum life i cannot wait but im too scared to picture myself with my baby yet! So happy for you! X

Sorry to mither you how long did your bleeding last for i wake up every morning and wipe to brown blood its not heavy and never comes onto a towel its just mainly the first time i go to the loo i just have to be patient for my next scan on the 29th i think X

I had the same worry. I actually thought i had an early period and then had a lot of brown discharge thereafter. Had a slight bit of red on Sunday and seeked medical advice. Was advised all normal and the doc i spoke to said she bled for her first four months! Was advised to be aware of accompanying cramps and to keep an an eye on it.
Overall, if u have concerns always seek medical advice hun xx

I had the same worry. I actually thought i had an early period and then had a lot of brown discharge thereafter. Had a slight bit of red on Sunday and seeked medical advice. Was advised all normal and the doc i spoke to said she bled for her first four months! Was advised to be aware of accompanying cramps and to keep an an eye on it.
Overall, if u have concerns always seek medical advice hun xx

Thank you so much my mums said the same and so have all my nurses after 3 miscarriages its just daunting but its only when i wipe and its not that bad i have been told the same my mums had 3 of us and lost red blood with us all!! Shocking how bodies work i have been to epu they didnt see a reason to rescan eveything on internal was fine and bloods were great i think like u say it is abit of a breakthrough period but if i didnt know i was pregnant id be saying somethings not right im never this light its not come onto a towel ... hope you pregnancys going well ... thanks so much hun xx

Thank you so much my mums said the same and so have all my nurses after 3 miscarriages its just daunting but its only when i wipe and its not that bad i have been told the same my mums had 3 of us and lost red blood with us all!! Shocking how bodies work i have been to epu they didnt see a reason to rescan eveything on internal was fine and bloods were great i think like u say it is abit of a breakthrough period but if i didnt know i was pregnant id be saying somethings not right im never this light its not come onto a towel ... hope you pregnancys going well ... thanks so much hun xx

I had slight spotting today. Was at my doctor appt to get referred to the midwife and was told the same that it is normal. Just to keep an eye out for heavy blood and pain.
Where are u based? I'm in Scotland and find the out of hours service really good if i can't get hold of doctors after 5pm. Booked myself a private 8 week scan for the 12th August and got the midwife that day too xx

I had brown blood when wiping at 6 weeks pregnant. It then changed to full scale red bleeding through clothes. Then back to brown spotting again. Finally all stopped around 10 weeks. Had 2 epu scans and baby was happily there still. No explanation for the spotting or bleeding. Now over 39 weeks waiting for my trouble maker to arrive!

I had brown blood when wiping at 6 weeks pregnant. It then changed to full scale red bleeding through clothes. Then back to brown spotting again. Finally all stopped around 10 weeks. Had 2 epu scans and baby was happily there still. No explanation for the spotting or bleeding. Now over 39 weeks waiting for my trouble maker to arrive!

None a couple of women who have had bleeds third trimester too and they were fine xx

I had slight spotting today. Was at my doctor appt to get referred to the midwife and was told the same that it is normal. Just to keep an eye out for heavy blood and pain.
Where are u based? I'm in Scotland and find the out of hours service really good if i can't get hold of doctors after 5pm. Booked myself a private 8 week scan for the 12th August and got the midwife that day too xx

Yes im under the MC clinic at a womens hospital who are fab here in manchester! I just have to be patient i have my next scan on monday no one has been too concerned as its not red its really old brown stuff sorry tmi ... i have had one scan last week shown i was 4weekish which is correct hcg has doubled so hopefully i will be okay had nothing today at all so i feel like that was a release of old blood but i have been told i will be having really regular scans so im very lucky the reassurance they have given me upto now .. as i was due for surgery tomorrow to have endometriosis removed oooopsie!!!! Least someone will have a date moved forward hahaa xx

I just think womens bodys are crazy i was on enduced menopause for 6 months promised no periods i had one every 2 week i think my body is defo one for science when im gone ... i bet you were so terrified but they told me it can be a breakthrough bleed .. old blood the shape of my uterus basically they dont always find a cause but i think women should be more aware we can still bleed and be okay pary i am anyway at my scan... now ur ready to go i bet your mega excited!!!! Congrats! Xxx

Yes im under the MC clinic at a womens hospital who are fab here in manchester! I just have to be patient i have my next scan on monday no one has been too concerned as its not red its really old brown stuff sorry tmi ... i have had one scan last week shown i was 4weekish which is correct hcg has doubled so hopefully i will be okay had nothing today at all so i feel like that was a release of old blood but i have been told i will be having really regular scans so im very lucky the reassurance they have given me upto now .. as i was due for surgery tomorrow to have endometriosis removed oooopsie!!!! Least someone will have a date moved forward hahaa xx

I was due to get referred to the fertility clinic and my hubby was waiting on sperm analysis results lol xx

I just think womens bodys are crazy i was on enduced menopause for 6 months promised no periods i had one every 2 week i think my body is defo one for science when im gone ... i bet you were so terrified but they told me it can be a breakthrough bleed .. old blood the shape of my uterus basically they dont always find a cause but i think women should be more aware we can still bleed and be okay pary i am anyway at my scan... now ur ready to go i bet your mega excited!!!! Congrats! Xxx

Yes but nerve wracking! Got my midwife appointment on the 12th August and booked a private early scan for the same day xx

Yes but nerve wracking! Got my midwife appointment on the 12th August and booked a private early scan for the same day xx

Im at my midwife on the 13th august i had a little show of pink blood last night but nothing since as if you were waiting for that anf it just happened thats amazing wish my partner was supportive he keeps telling me to get rid!! Im heart broke i threw him out last nyt we have been together 3 years and he thinks after the hell i have been through thats what i want yes its a shock but im so lucky to have fell pregnant women like me arent able to carry and im 29 in 2 week not 16 anymore and a one night stand him and his mum put me through hell yesterday i pray this baby is healthy and i will give it the best chance at life i possibly can im in utter shock at what he wants me to do ... xx

Im at my midwife on the 13th august i had a little show of pink blood last night but nothing since as if you were waiting for that anf it just happened thats amazing wish my partner was supportive he keeps telling me to get rid!! Im heart broke i threw him out last nyt we have been together 3 years and he thinks after the hell i have been through thats what i want yes its a shock but im so lucky to have fell pregnant women like me arent able to carry and im 29 in 2 week not 16 anymore and a one night stand him and his mum put me through hell yesterday i pray this baby is healthy and i will give it the best chance at life i possibly can im in utter shock at what he wants me to do ... xx

So sorry to hear you are going through all this. At the end of the day it is ur body hun and no one can tell you what to do with it. Xxx

@Jeni 1990 haven't ever experienced something like that but didn't want to read and run.

If him and his family act like that you don't need them in your life. Plenty of woman raise successful happy flourishing children alone without the father involved.

Everyone deserves to find a special person who treats them with respect and love. Never settle for anything less.

Be strong!

@Jeni 1990 What a horrible thing to ask of you! It's not like you're a teen still figuring out life.
I think it's childish of him to involve his mother as well. She doesn't control your relationship, she isn't the one who has to live with him every day. I really feel for you hun...
Whatever you do, get someone on your side, it can get lonely being bullied into doing something you might regret.
Sending loads of hugs!x

@Jeni 1990 What a horrible thing to ask of you! It's not like you're a teen still figuring out life.
I think it's childish of him to involve his mother as well. She doesn't control your relationship, she isn't the one who has to live with him every day. I really feel for you hun...
Whatever you do, get someone on your side, it can get lonely being bullied into doing something you might regret.
Sending loads of hugs!x

Thank u so much for ur reply really comforting me and this baby will have a fab life with or with out them i just felt so ganged up on its unreal i have done everything for his family! But got my scan tmoro im praying so much my little pea is okay! Xx

@Jeni 1990 haven't ever experienced something like that but didn't want to read and run.

If him and his family act like that you don't need them in your life. Plenty of woman raise successful happy flourishing children alone without the father involved.

Everyone deserves to find a special person who treats them with respect and love. Never settle for anything less.

Be strong!

Thank you lovely i will be strong for me and baby its such a precious gift i dont understand them xx

So sorry to hear you are going through all this. At the end of the day it is ur body hun and no one can tell you what to do with it. Xxx

Exactly will bring little one up alone if i have too!! I just hope babas olay on my scan tmoro xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back