Brown bleeding

Kitana

Reaction score
I had quite a shock earlier today. I got back from New York and was hauling a heavy suitcase (around 43lbs). I had to carry it myself and even though it has wheels, I had to carry it up some stairs, on a train etc.

Now I put a pad on for during the flight in case I get a lot of discharge, but when I got home, I saw quite some brown blood in the pad with 2 little clots. Could it have been the heavy lifting? Has anyone experienced this? I called my doctor but he said it was nothing to worry about and that it happens a lot.

But I can't stop thinking about it!! I'm spottin now. I'm so scared. I'm 12 weeks and don't want to lose the baby :(

Didn't want to read and run! Not sure what caused it and it can be completely normal and nothing to worry about, but if I were you I'd ring your midwife for advice or call the EPU. Best to be safe and sure! Hopefully they'll just put your mind at ease x

Last edited:
Aw must have been scary hun but brown blood is old blood and they do say not to worry about brown blood in pregnancy, only if it's red (and even then it's not always bad). EPU probably not open until Monday so I'd rest up but call your GP on Monday just to get referred for a quick scan to reassure yourself ♡ xx

Thanks for your replies ladies. I have an appointment on monday for my 12 week scan. It seems like lightyears away!! But on the bright side, the spotting stopped since 3 hours. I think I will refrain from lifting heavy stuff. Lesson learned!! :shock:

I panic about the heavy lifting side all the time as my work consists of lifting shopping etc for people. I've actually stopped lifting anything I feel that's too heavy for me! As I did at one point & had horrible pains for a while after which gave me a fright! I also had brown spotting when I was earlier and again I had light pink discharge, both times all has been fine, but if you are concerned I would just get it checked for reassurance! Also told brown blood was old blood and it's quite a common thing x

Thanks Blisa! I think I panicked a bit when I saw it. It was quite a lot so it was quite impressive. I think I lifted the suitcase badly, at one point I had to hold the suitcase in front of me to get through a narrow passage between cars. I lift weight and just the week before I lifted 100lbs without a problem, I guess my body is telling me to slow down.. Thanks for the replies girls!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back