Broody?

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Marmite, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Marmite

Marmite Well-Known Member

Something that just popped into my head, I was wondering wether once you have had one baby, do you become more broody than you where before, just wanting to be able to do it all again?

Just wondering if im going to scare my poor boyfriend anymore :lol:

2. trixiehunnybun

trixiehunnybun Well-Known Member

Ha Ha yeah i was broody over my own baby. is absolute madness!!!

3. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i wasnt broody AT ALL before i got pregnant with melissa (she wasnt planned! lol) but after the birth i was a bit. think its just hormones coz a lot of others mentioned on here they wanted another baby when their LO only a few months old (and some actually did it!) for me it only lasted about 4 months. then i got scared and went on the mini-pill!

4. emma28

emma28 Well-Known Member

:rotfl: :rotfl: yes I think so...I want 100's of babies now, it's just the thought of them as teenagers that puts me off :rotfl: :rotfl:

5. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

i think i'm broody for my next one already
    lol

6. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

Yes, I still really want another baby but OH said no! :(

7. lisa&alex

lisa&alex Well-Known Member

i was very broody till i was about 4 weeks preg.. then the novelty wore off. must have been coz i was carrying a boy.. when i was preg with charl i couldnt wait for her to pop out.. with ed i wanted him to stay in there lol.. it was only the day before i had him.. alex sat down and said.. so are you ready for it.. i said yeah.. are you? he said.. yeah.. right now you can come out little boy ..to my belly (we didnt know what we were having) and my waters broke in the middle of the night lol..

8. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

Yeah im broody again till i think of sleepless nights and constant screaming!!!!

Il stick with what I have!!

9. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

I was so broody right up until this month, I booked a holiday for august instead :lol: but i've already agreed with oh to come off the pill on holiday and start trying!! :cheer:

10. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

I wasn't broody at all and my 1st was a surprise. After she was born I was really broody till OH gave in and said we could try for another baby when she was almost 5. After Aimee was born we wanted another one straight away and I was soooo broody. I got caught when Aimee was about 4 months old and by then my hormones had settled down and I had changed my mind but it was too late. I wouldn't be without Nathan now though but having 2 close together has put me off babies for life.

11. elaine22

elaine22 Well-Known Member

I wasn't particularly broody before Cara (she was unplanned) and since I've had her I've not been broody at all! :D I do want another but definitely not until Cara has started school lol.

12. leighannex

leighannex Well-Known Member

i didnt want baby for years n years, wasnt broody through my pregnancy but now ive had amber, i want another :shock:

13. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

After Paris I vowed I would never had anymore as my whole life I never wanted kids ever. I come from a huge family and they all have huge families too. I became broody about 18 months ago and we decided to try for another in the may and in the july bfp, now I want another after the boy :cheer:

14. laetitia85

laetitia85 Well-Known Member

I'm not broody at all. I had a traumatic birth (I found the experience great but too painful and too many complications) so I'm thinking Kenzo will probably be my only child. :cry: but never say never

15. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

I'm not broody but I am thinking that I want number 2 in a couple of years. Just packed up the stuff that Finn has grown out of already thinking that the next time we get them out will be in a few years time when we have another baby.

16. Guadagnia

Guadagnia Well-Known Member

OMG
    Im broody and my LO is only 5 weeks old, but then again I am nearly knocking on 40 :wall: :rotfl:

17. amzhunny

amzhunny Well-Known Member

hey me and OH were broody in the weeks after amber....

we do want to try again soon but not just yet :) we want to enjoy amber for a while.

i thought it was madness though feeling like did

18. Redshoes

Redshoes Well-Known Member

Before Isaac we wanted to have another baby soon after his birth, we would love a big family. After Isaac I was NOT broody in the slightest and thought I'd never want another baby, that changed after a couple of months though, now back on track for a big family :lol: I've heard broodiness is quite common after giving birth, think its quite normal :hug:

19. *saulino*

*saulino* Well-Known Member

Hi

Before Kiara i wasnt at all as she was unplanned! but after well we were kinda planning right away and let nature take its course :wink: Still am now after Kadyn but have my tubes tied ( best decision i could ever make ) :D but i still want more babies but just for the pregnancy and birthing part i do not want more kids.... confusing i know :lol: