Broodiness?

russellmuscle

Reaction score
I am sitting here debating in my head whether I'm broody or not..

I do long to be pregnant and want another BUT at the same time I'm quite happy to wait ?

Its like as if my body wants to be pregnant ? Has anyone felt like that before ?

My sensible head says wait, due to money, room etc but I want to relive late pregnancy/early days of baby all over again.

First time when I was in TTC I knew right away, I am broody and I want a baby.

So confused ? Just wondering if this is a type of instinct to be broody again ?

Haha, what a debate to have on my own eh ?

xxxxx

I flit in and out as well.

Some days I yearn to be pregnant again and have that whole experience other days I just think I couldn't be arsed to go through it all over again :lol:

I know I def want another - if we are lucky - we had such trouble to finally have James but I also know we cannot afford childcare for 2 kiddies so he'll need to be nursery age.

If it happened I'd be OK with it, but I kind of think I'll never have the same thrill as I did with James as number 2 will be so different.

Also James hasn't been teething yet or been ill so I've not had a proper sleepless night with him in about 6 months! See how broody I feel on the back of a few nights of no sleep lol.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well that's the thing Nat, I get zero sleep. Suffering badly with insomnia atm. Jackson as you know is dead to the world till the next day but I suvive on 4h a day sleep and yet my body wants to do it again?

I know longterm, we will wait unless any suprises.

Although as weird as it sounds I feel like my body is giving me the urge to be pregnant. Maybe because I'm due my coil in this month? , maybe I'm OVing lol - Ormaybe because I just miss the early days and bonding experience with OH & baby. I don't feel disconnected from OH or anything though and completely happy in general but I just don't get it?

TTC number one was so straight forward because I was 100% in control of my emotions but now I question everything lol, incase its post pregnancy/labour related haha.

xxxxx

I felt broody for another when my daughter was 16 months! we didn't start ttc until May 2012 when she was almost 3 - and I am still waiting for my forever baby - so as you can imagine I am going out of my mind with broodiness!

If only it was a simple as putting a plastic egg under us!

Last edited:
Awww sorry to see your waiting for a baby IW3.

I know I am more fortunate than other mummies, some haven't had the chance to even safely meet their LO or even concieve and I'm banging on about another already.

I'm just arguing with myself and don't think its healthy so put it on here haha.

I think in all honesty, if I were to get a positive on a pregnancy test I'd literally poop myself haha, so that's why I'm more confused because my heads like wait and my bodys like BABY! Haha.

Good luck for ur ttc in the future *dust* xxxxx

I totally understand this feeling! My two are 18 months apart for that reason and I'm loving it. I have been constantly broody and even now when no 2 is only 9 weeks old I wish I could do it all over again but I know that's insane. I'm sure our bodies are just programmed that way, I think I will have 3rd but I will have to wait quite a while!

I deffo think its my body having urges lol.

I think I want 3, we will see after number 2.

We thought TTC num 2 when J is 2 then TTC number 3 when number 2 is 3-4.

OH wants to stop at two. Esp if the next is a girl. But I just keep saying we will see and he laughs. Our original plan was 3 then 2 now I'm back upto 3 haha xxxxx

It's weird, I often get broody but only for actually being pregnant & giving birth, I don't want another baby! My friend wants another baby but has been put off by a horrible pregnancy & birth so we've come to an agreement where Ill carry her baby :lol: xxx

I deffo think its my body having urges lol.

I think I want 3, we will see after number 2.

We thought TTC num 2 when J is 2 then TTC number 3 when number 2 is 3-4.

OH wants to stop at two. Esp if the next is a girl. But I just keep saying we will see and he laughs. Our original plan was 3 then 2 now I'm back upto 3 haha xxxxx

A lot of people assume I'm done because I have one of each but it doesn't stop the broodiness! I want another regardless and what makes it really perfect is I don't care whether its a boy or girl :)

What I panic about is will the broodiness ever go away lol, my SIL has 4 and is now broody for no 5!! x

That's what I feel like rheann I know like I don't want another but I feel like I want to give birth and come home from the hospital all over again and be all smitten.

I still am smitten with Jackson I mustv just really enjoyed my labour.

See Nat I am scared of that too because way back when I wanted 5 babies, I then got realistic to 3 and that's why I wanna have my last baby about 30 ish..

OH says he would get the snip I says no because I'd hate to never have the option of having another baby.

I doubt he would get the snip though, I know for a fact actually.

xxxxx

Know the feeling, for sure.

I keep thinking about how much I'd love to do the whole pregnancy/birth thing again, but at the same time, I don't wanna take any attention away from Cay.

In my head, I'm telling myself I'm gonna wait until Cay's two, so he'll be in preschool by the time the next one arrives.

If we try for a year and nothing happens, we'll probably call it a day.

In my heart...
We'll see what happens. Xx

I've had this feeling a few times. What makes it worse is that one of my closest friends is pregnant and has about 6/7 weeks left to go, I've been going to her antenatal classes with her as her oh works away in the week, it just brings back all the excitement of not knowing and loving being pregnant. I feel like I have been with her the whole step of the way and if her oh couldn't make the birth for whatever reason I would totally love to be there with her lol

I loved being pregnant and had a really positive labour (even though it didn't go exactly to plan) but financially it just wouldn't be fair ATM. I want to leave the military, move back to Scotland and go on to study before we have another baby so by the time I've completed all that I think lady M will be 6 or 7! Yikes! But if we never have another then I don't think I would mind (at the minute anyway).

x

It's weird, I often get broody but only for actually being pregnant & giving birth, I don't want another baby! My friend wants another baby but has been put off by a horrible pregnancy & birth so we've come to an agreement where Ill carry her baby :lol: xxx

This this this this this. Xx

I was chatting with OH about it, he thinks its my animal instinct wanting to reproduce but I don't know if its just that, think he's just want some love haha.

When I think back, I was miserable, ill constantly, sick constantly, extreme heartburn, not to mention jacksons long limbs kicking hell out me but emotionally I felt really happy, excited then labour went well which was a bonus then I even enjoyed the early days just me OH and J bonding dispite how tired and sore I was that memory is in the background and I just remember the sheer love and pride and ultimate closeness and bond with OH and Jackson.

No wonder so many people go through labour more than once LMAO!!

xxxxx

I've been broody since I gave birth to Aaron, because I found labour amazing!

I just want labour and baby though - so if someone can do the 9 months for me we can come to some agreement? I'll do the pushing like!

Two is my limit, so I'm scared that I will want another after no2 - I think I will need a terrible labour to put me off lol!

Yeah I guess that is a scary feeling, its crossed my mind too. How much is enough ? Haha I'm scared ill want loads. I honestly don't know how the lady on 19 kids and counting does it. Wow.

xxxxx

I felt exactly the same! We decided to go for it and I'm now sat here with a growing bump absolutely shitting myself lol

If its what any of you ladies want then why not just go for it. An extra child is always gonna be difficult pregnancy wise etc regardless of the age gap. Id also have hated for William to have been an only child and think a companion for him will be fab- as long as they don't try killing each other all the time! Lol

My minds just playing tricks on me I think LOL.

We wanna get married etc so we are starting to save after xmas for that. Then when Js about 2 we will be ttc and when number 2 is 2 hopefully we will have enough saved to get married in Florida.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back