Bronchitis, inhaler help needed

Melly+2

Reaction score
Right just, I need some help, Hopes been diagnosed with bronchitis today and we have an inhaler for her, but she wont have it any where near her mouth, im trying to do it while she is alseep, but everytime i put it to her mouth she wakes up and screams the house down, how can i make her take it, do i put it right up to her mouth or just infront i dont know what to do, thanks, oh by the way it has a globe thing on it and a mouth piece on the end

just keep going hun they do get used to it after a while but it is hard my son had it from being 10 months and i have known it take a doctor and 2 nurses to hold him down to have the nebulizer

I agree with mary... just keep doing it keeley had a inhaler a few months ago and used to scream when i went near her with it but she got used to it in the end :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
To Hope i hope she gets better soon

just got her to use it, she screamed alot but got her to do it, shes sat holding it now, hopefully it will help her get used to it quicker

My doctor said to give the inhaler to Tom to hold so that he got used to it and wasn't scared of it. Didn't work for us though as he screamed every time we gave it to him. Ours came with a separate tube with a mask on the end.
In the end, I used to lie him in the crook of my leg and hold the mask on with one hand and hold his arms down with the other. He hated it but it was the only way to get it down. I guess if they're screaming then they're inhaling deeply so at least there's that.
Good luck and hope your LO is better soon. Lx

Do you have a madsk or a mouth piece? If its a mouthpiece, go to the chemist and ask for a volumiser wih a mask. Try letting her play with it, show her that you will use it. Maybe make it more friendly by sticking stickers on it (I don't know how old Hope is sorry!):oops: And how about a reward for afterwards?

DS's inhaler I have to put in a tube with a child sized face mask at the end (baby size was too small). At first I had to hold him with his back against my tummy, using one arm to hold him firmly down and the other to keep the mask against his face for 6 breaths (then 30 seconds break) then another puff and 6 breaths.
He's been having his inhaler for about a week and a half and he's gradually getting used to it now (has it up to 5 times a day, depending on how wheezy he sounds).
I find if he cries he inhales it better, but it's not very nice :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back