Broad Complex Tachycardia...

Mrs_m13

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to this site so sorry if I go on too much! I am looking for people in a similar situation to myself.
This is my 3rd baby but have recently been diagnosed with the heart condition as mentioned in the title. I have an appointment with the maternity team at the hospital next month to discuss my condition and what the course of action for the remainder of my pregnancy and my delivery will be.
I guess I am just looking for any feedback as to what I should expect at this appointment and if anyone has been/is in the same boat as me?

Many Thanks

No experience but wanted to wish you all the best I'm sure you will be fine. Maybe they will just keep an extra eye on you, possibly book you in to have baby on a specific date though that would be later on in he pregnancy.

I don't have the same problem as you but am seeing the cardiac team at the hospital, I keep loosing my breath, getting feint and having palpitations , my pulse is fine though, my appointment is on 2nd August I'll let u know what they say

Thank you Blueclass for the well wishes. I appreciate the response.

Mummywanabe, that sounds horrible! I hope they can get you back on track soon!
I would love to hear what they're approach is to this! I'll keep an eye out!

All the best x

I don't have this cardiac condition but I have an AVSD and basically I was consultant care only and had a few extra scans. Regarding labour they were happy to let me try but I ended up with an emcs.

If you have any questions just ask

I don't have this cardiac condition but I have an AVSD and basically I was consultant care only and had a few extra scans. Regarding labour they were happy to let me try but I ended up with an emcs.

If you have any questions just ask

Hi Dolly26!
Many thanks for your response to my post.
It is very nice to see that you were taken care of and your little one was checked on too.
I hope your recovery was quick? That is my only concern with having a section..
May I ask, why was it that they decided on an emcs? If you'd rather not say, I understand 😊

Thanks again!

I had an emcs due to a failed induction and was only induced because my baby had slowed down on her weight gain to much. Honestly I had a great recovery from the emcs I was only on painkillers for about 5 days and was driving after 4 weeks.

What a nightmare! I'm sure the induction was bad enough in itself?
Thank you so much for sharing, it's nice to hear that not everyone suffers badly post section.

Once my epidural kicked in I slept most of the day and just had top up in theatre. Just be very open minded about the birth and pain relief x

I am open minded at the moment due to not knowing what exactly to expect at the appointment next month with the maternity/delivery team... I have only ever had gas and air mind you so anything else, I may have to prepare for!
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, I really appreciate it.

Not a problem if you have any other questions just ask x

Hey chick, I don't have the exact same heart condition as you but I have arrhythmia's and tachycardia (mostly SVT). I saw a cardiologist a few weeks ago and they said I'll be reassessed closer to the birth to see how my heart's coping. They said it's a possibility they'll bring me in a couple weeks before the birth just to be monitored. They also said that I may be limited to 30minutes of pushing before they have to intervene, apparently pushing is a huge strain on the heart. But all of this was just said as possibilities and it'll all be decided nearer to the time depending on how my heart copes :) Hope your appointment goes well :) xxx

Last edited:
Hiya!
Thanks for your reply. It's very reassuring that they'll possibly monitor you nearer your due date, etc.
When is it that you are due?
Thank you again for getting in touch, please keep me posted! X

I'm due 28th November :) Yeah I feel reassured that they're not just leaving me to it! Hope your appointment goes ok this month..be interesting to see what they advise you :) xx

Aww lovely!
My eldest son was born on the 29th November... Love having winter babies! (This is my 3rd!)
I will let you know when I've been to the appointment.. Kind of nervous! Think it's because I don't know what to expect!
Take care xx

Awww yeap winter babies rule ;) when are you due this time around? I know what you mean...I always get the wobbles at new appointments! I got an appointment through to see anaesthetist in September - says its to see if heart will cope with anaesthetic & due to a spinal fracture - now I'm wondering what this one entails!! I'll also keep you posted xxx

Hi sweet , in my last pregnancy I kept getting heart palpitations and fainting. I actually had an 'episode' in the hospital at a non pregnancy related issue and they found my heart rate to be over 260bpm. I was kept in for 4 weeks and eventually diagnosed with SVT and something I can't remember. I was very unwell with it so they induced me 2 weeks early. I was monitored constantly throughout labour and was on a heart monitor. I wasn't allowed a water birth and has a room in theatre on standby in case things went wrong and crash team were alerted which was very scary . In the end because my heart kept going to over 200bpm I was confined to the bed. Luckily my LG was born vaginally and healthy. I hope that helps slightly xxx

UPDATE -

I have been to my appointment and I am having an extra 3 scans - 28wks/32wks/36wks - this is to monitor the babies growth and organ development due to my mendication that I've now started.
I have also got to go back and see the same doctor again after my 28 week scan to discuss other things (?)
I guess time will tell as to what will happen near the end of my pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back