Brixton hicks or something else?

Charlotte1993

Reaction score
braxton hicks?
Hello guys, any help/advice please?
So I had a very sharp/twitching sharp pain in my belly on Friday night. Was up nearly all night with it, so took 2 paracetamol and it didn't shift the pain, by Saturday morning though the pains had eased off. So was not worried about them (To much) . However Saturday evening the pain returned back and I had them all night (still up all night with them), also woke up this morning (Sunday) with them, even worse. It was killing me to move/walk (The pains was the same every time, sharp/twitching. Still have them now. I'm 26+5 weeks pregnant, what should I do? What do you guys think they may/could be?

Thanks in advance x

Where is the pain? The most common causes of pregnancy pain that I’ve noticed are round ligament pain (which is very sharp usually down the muscles at the side of your bump and around the bottom), Braxton Hicks (can be similar to period cramps, but usually don’t hurt much at 26 weeks - you should feel your belly tightening and they will come and go rather than being constant), gas/wind (which can be a debilitating pain anywhere in your abdomen!) and then general cramps from dehydration/doing too much (which I’ve found are like strong period cramps and will ease up if I sit down and have a drink).

To me it sounds like you’re probably having round ligament pain or gas pains (I had to call an ambulance over gas pain earlier as I had never experienced anything like it in my life. I felt so dumb). Since it’s been going for a few days it’s probably worth calling a midwife about it. I hope it goes away soon x

Im thinking it could be
Where is the pain? The most common causes of pregnancy pain that I’ve noticed are round ligament pain (which is very sharp usually down the muscles at the si(tode of your bump and around the bottom), Braxton Hicks (can be similar to period cramps, but usually don’t hurt much at 26 weeks - you should feel your belly tightening and they will come and go rather than being constant), gas/wind (which can be a debilitating pain anywhere in your abdomen!) and then general cramps from dehydration/doing too much (which I’ve found are like strong period cramps and will ease up if I sit down and have a drink).

To me it sounds like you’re probably having round ligament pain or gas pains (I had to call an ambulance over gas pain earlier as I had never experienced anything like it in my life. I felt so dumb). Since it’s been going for a few days it’s probably worth calling a midwife about it. I hope it goes away soon x

Im thinking it could be Braxton Hicks because the pain is slimier to what your describing. The pain is really X2 uncomfortable, I still have these pains. When i rang my midwife she told me im (To early for Braxton Hicks) usless she is! So now don't know what to do, because i have had these pains since Friday (14th Dec)
The pains start right in the middle of my tummy button (abit below) and go right down to my privates.! Really painful! :(

Doesn’t sound fun. I’ve had lots of unexplained pains down low the whole way through pregnancy. No one I tell ever cares as long as I’m not bleeding and baby is moving. It’s a bit upsetting.

You get Braxton Hicks from 7 weeks but they don’t usually get sore until right at the end of pregnancy. If it’s only a mild pain I’d blame them but if it’s bad, it’s probably your uterus growing/getting irritated. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back