bringing on labour!

sarah0202

Reaction score
Just wondered who believes that there are things you can do which help bring on labour or baby will just come when its ready? i have been wondering if i should of got a bouncing ball altho its my due date today so i have left it late! also i'm not on feet that much as i have spd and very sore hips and back so going for long walks is out of the question, what do you think?

well - judging by the length of time pinky was in labour - and she tried everything - i'd be inclined to say they dont really work. lol

xxx

i have tried a few things - but with having SPD also i cannot do the long walks etc so have used a ball over the last few weeks, and it has definitely improved the pain in my hips if anything.
i am seriously considering the castor oil trick - as it worked for my mum....i no everyone has different opinions on this, but im fed up now with the pain and if he isnt here by my due date then i'll give it a go!!! :(

Its a little early but ive been trying sex and curry and its done nothing, The ball helps loads with my hips tho with the spd if i cant get comfy i sit on there for a while.
Im thinking of trying the caster oil next week x

My consultant says none of it works lol but I did lots of bouncing and was 2cm dilated when i went in for induction at 40 weeks

I was taking raspberry leaf tea and capsules from 32weeks and inserting evening primrose capsules from 38weeks and trying to have sex often. I had lo at 39+1 and honestly blame the EPO i think it only works if your favourable though. However i was in slow labour starting sat and gave birth tues

Xx

I hadn't done anything before I went for my appointment with the consultant and she said my cervix was shortening so Im thinking nothing really works and it's more a case of your body just being ready on its own accord.

thanks everyone think i will just wait it out tbh i am so full of cold i don't want to have to go through labour as well at the mo i feel too rough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back