Breech

laura-82

Reaction score
I've just been to see the MW & she thinks my LO is breech :( .

She wants to see me again in 2 weeks & if she hasn't turned then she said I will have to got to hospital & try to have her turned :shock: , she said if this is unsussessful then they will have to book me in for a C- section. I don't want to have to have a c-section if at all possible.

What exactly happens when they try to turn the baby? the MW said they can have 3 attempts, how long are you in hospital for??

Have any of your babies been breech at 34 weeks but turned in time??

Any tips on trying to shift her? I've got a birthing ball so going to start using that more.

Thanks (sorry about all the questions :oops: )

hi hun,
melissa was breech until nearly 36 weeks, and id almost given up hope of my home birth and resigned myself to a c-section.

i tried sleeping on my left side, bouncing on a birth ball, sitting right on the edge of my seat with my back straight leaning forward a bit with my knees below my hips, and kneeling on all fours while watching tv (couldnt do it for very long tho!)

i'd been doing it since i found out she was breech at 33 weeks, then at 35 weeks to be told she hadnt turned i gave up hope and relaxed a bit. but then i got told she'd turned, little bugger!

really hope LO turns for u hun :pray:

I'm going to have serious words with her & tell her to shift herself ( try what you mentioned), hopefully she'll do a millie then :pray: :pray:

Willow was breech from 24 weeks,they tried an ECV on me,but it didn't work.It only has like a 60% success rate,50% if it's your first baby.Make sure you bring someone with you,so you can squeeze their hand,also incase you go into labour.I hated it,they push down more than you think they will and it's a bit sore and weird-feeling.I had a birthing ball too,didn't work for me.Apparently acupuncture and moxabustion work really well though.when the ecv didn't work with me the first time,they offered me another but I didn't take it,but it's up to yourself.Good luck!

zebrastripes said:
Willow was breech from 24 weeks,they tried an ECV on me,but it didn't work.It only has like a 60% success rate,50% if it's your first baby.Make sure you bring someone with you,so you can squeeze their hand,also incase you go into labour.I hated it,they push down more than you think they will and it's a bit sore and weird-feeling.I had a birthing ball too,didn't work for me.Apparently acupuncture and moxabustion work really well though.when the ecv didn't work with me the first time,they offered me another but I didn't take it,but it's up to yourself.Good luck!

Did she end up turming or did you have a C- Section? If you had a c-section, how many weeks were you?

Thanks Hun :hug:

I declined having my baby turned. Opted for a section which they booked at 39 weeks.

Tia was breech till just gone 36 weeks.... I moved into our flat that week and was balancing a lot of boxes on the bump.. think she ended up with a headache and went head first that night.. bloody painful and all....

You can also try eating tonnes of ice cream.. it gives them brain freeze and they will try and get away from it... also ball bouncing and being all fours are said to encourage a baby to go head first...

I never tried anything like that with Tia as I was looking forward to having a c section (don't ask why though)... but Tia being Tia.. had to do it her way...
:rotfl:

Good luck hun :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sqig definately think I'll be trying out your method, any excuse to eat icecream :rotfl: :rotfl:

I ened up having a section on my due date,which I wasn't too happyabout. :lol:

My madam has been breech from about 20 weeks and has had me worrying loads that ill have to have a c-section but shes now moved head down in the past week :) just hoping she stays there now!

Fingers crossed your LO gets turning!! :pray:

Glad your LO has turned for you Jo.

Hopefully mine will get a wriggle on & turn, really don't want to have a section :pray:

Hiya
I think i was lucky because my little boy Nathan was breech at 36 weeks, and i chose to try ecv and have him turned at 37 weeks.
I went into hopsital and they scanned him again, then i was literally on the bed for about 2 minutes, i didnt feel any pain, it just felt like the doctor was pressing to feel the position of Nathan, when he said he had turned him i couldnt beleave it.
They monitored me every week then to make sure he hadnt turned back again (which was good because i got to see him loads of times), and then i had a normal labour at 41 weeks.
I hope everything works out for you

I'm gonna ask at my next appointment how early they wil do a section before I decide if I'll let them turn it or not. If I can be cut and healed before my DD then woo!! No problems.( i was last time) But If I've gotta wait til my DD then they might as well have a go.....

Just hate the waiting game. Don't you feel like they mess you about sometimes? Like will you, won't you? Just Hurry UP ffs!!!

Hello my name is julie im due with my 4th child on 1st jan i am 35wks+2 and my baby has been breech since 32 wks i been told that i will be checked at 37wks and if still breech they will scan me and try and turn it, Do u have a choice of wether they try and turn baby or not cause if he still breech im in for section caus eof my other boys weighrs being big last one was 9lb 11oz.

I dont fancy them trying to turn i heard it uncomfy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back