Breech Clinic at FAU

daisyduke76

Reaction score
Hi there ladies,

I have an appointment at the "Breech Clinic" at my local foetal assessment unit tomorrow, and have no idea what to expect. Is anyone who's been to one of these able to shed any light on what might happen?

Desperately hoping the baby is not breech, I kind of had my heart set on a water birth at home. Any positive turning stories would also be gratefully received!

Thank you. xx

Sorry didn't want to read and run but I have no experience. Hope you get good news x

Sorry didn't want to read and run but I have no experience. Hope you get good news x

Thanks for replying!

In case anyone else gets referred to one of these, it was great! A midwife felt my bump and then used a hand-held scanner to check where the baby's head was and that was that!

Baby is head down, so hopefully still on for a home birth, hurrah! xx

That's good to know. I'm not sure we even have such a thing up here. Great news baby is head down, but I do wonder what they would have done if they weren't?!

That's good to know. I'm not sure we even have such a thing up here. Great news baby is head down, but I do wonder what they would have done if they weren't?!

They would have given me some things to try and get baby to turn, including using Moxibustion on the little toes which is an accupuncture pressure point and then seen me again in a week. If the baby still hadn't turned, they'd have offered and ECV and booked me in for a c-section. Then the day before I'd have been scanned again to make sure it was definitely still breech, and taken it from there!

I think I'm quite lucky here that we get offered all of these services! xx

Can I just say, breech doesn't have to mean section - I gave birth to my 8lb 15oz daughter on 11th Feb as a breech vaginal birth. Lots of places don't like to give you the option but it really isn't as scary as lots of consultants make out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back