Breech Baby :(

twinkle90

Reaction score
35 weeks and baby is still breech. Have a scan in 2 weeks to see the position and go from their. Today, doctor discussed options of an elective section if a ECV fails. Heard many ECV dont work, but I want to avoid a c section as much as possible. My anxiety has heightened more now. But the thought of a c section has me in bits. The recovery sounds bloody awful. And I thought vaginal recovery was horrible. Give me that anyday!! Doctor did mention they are likely to do a csection at 39 weeks. What's everyone's experiences based off this? Xx

Thanks Birdie. Will do anything to turn the baby. Heard only crappy things about ECV being uncomfy as well :/ xx

I've read this in fitpregnancy, maybe this would work:

The following three methods can be tried at 32 weeks or later:

The tilt Using cushions placed on the floor or an ironing board propped up against the seat of your couch, lie with your hips elevated about 1½ feet above your head. Do this for 10 to 15 minutes three times a day, preferably when your baby is active.

The Webster Technique “This is a gentle chiropractic adjustment to the pelvis and sacrum that reduces uterine torsion [twisting] and balances the pelvic muscles so that the baby can move into a more optimal position for birth. It usually takes four to 10 adjustments, but some babies turn after just one attempt.T

Pulsatilla is a homeopathic remedy that stimulates the uterus to settle baby headfirst. It’s best to see a naturopathic physician (N.D.) or a homeopath, though some midwives feel comfortable recommending specific doses and instructions. It’s safe and “sometimes works,” Gaskin says.

Hi

My baby was breech/transverse throughout my pregnancy. He actually turned on the morning of the scan at 37 weeks (I felt him move) so that his head was in the right place.

I was doing a lot of exercises with a yoga ball and going on all fours sticking my bum in the air etc to encourage him to turn. It was while I was doing this that I felt him move.

Good luck xx

I was breech with baby till 35wks and he moved, dont let ecv's put you off, ive seen a few done and they dont appear to be awful x

My little girl was breech right up till 36 weeks , she turned by herself at 37 and I went straight into labour so defiantly don't give up hope ! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back