Breech baby at 31 weeks?

sandrah71

Reaction score
So as I am new to all of this, I have a zillion questions, but will leave those for now....

I think that my baby is breech, but I'm not 100% sure..

I have a very hard bit, which is also quite sore, just below my ribs, which feels like a head and I am getting kicks in and around my pelvis. I've got the midwife next Tuesday, so will know then.

If baby is breech, is there anything I can do to shift it? I've heard something called Spinning Babies but not sure what that is.

Oh and a new "delayed" pregnancy symptom today... achy, tender and heavy breasts as I think my milk supply is coming in...

At 31 weeks, I think there is still plenty of time for baby to move to head down position. The position will probably change right up until the final weeks/days. My last was breech at most appointments, then transverse lay, then finally head down x

Yep, as Keely says still plenty of time for baby to move! If (s)he doesn't there are procedures and manoeuvres they can use to try and turn the baby (non-invasive) so try not to worry about it! Don't think my first settled into head down position until 35 weeks or so xx

I was breech until about 35 weeks, am now 38 and baby is head well down. I used a gym/birthing ball to sit on as I was told that helps, so not sure if it had anything to do with it or baby was turning anyway. There's plenty of time!

Yes until you're 36-37 weeks the midwife won't be too concerned about position of baby is it will likely change on a daily basis x

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Ds 2 turned 2 days shy of 41 weeks so plenty of time! Whatever you do, please, please read up fully on the risks of having baby turned if you get to that point. In the meantime, get on your hands and knees to give baby enough room to turn.

My girl was breach and I had the same rib pain you are describing. I had rib pain from 18-37 and 6. The day she turned, I went into labour bang on 38 weeks so try not to worry about whether she will turn until you get much closer as she probably will of her own accord. If not then there are obstetricians that can manipulate your baby and bump in an effort to turn but even when they manage it, some babies go back into breach. You can deliver a baby vaginally if you choose and dependent on the position of hands and legs. A c-section is also an option with a breach baby which I personally would choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back