Breech baby, advice plz

With an ecv you are given an injection that relaxes the womb/uterine muscles to make it easier to turn baby xx its more of an uncomfortable feeling my friend told me..
There is the ice block on top of uterus at baby's head and warmth light or sound at the bottom to attract it... k
On all fours rocking and rotating your hips... also getting your head lower than your bum so for example kneel on the edge of bed or steps and lean forward with hands on the floor best to attempt with someone to support u first time. ... do 3 deep in and out breaths n back up... do this a few times day....
Handstand in deep water in a swimming pool. ..
Lol my bubz is breech too so I'll be trying them...
Someone said moxibustion it is on my list to try if bubs hasn't turned by my next scan it apparently has a good success rate xx good luck xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Will have to check the moxibustion & accupunture out. When is ur nxt appointment hun? We should have a breech baby support thread, share tips & progress lol Good luck to u too x

iud is intra uterine death. there is medically no connection between ecv and this however it happened to two of her friends and they were probably told it was not connected to the ecv however it does make you wonder how safe it really is. my dr said if baby was breech at this appt on fri they would book me for the ecv for the following week...im going to say no. I was watching lots of videos on breech birth last night..im not really sure.all of my family are saying just get a c section but it upsets me alot to think about that but at the end of the day i want baby to be safe. yes i agree a support group would be good...its a complete mind field and having all this pressure to make the right decision...drives you insane!! hoping soooo much our babies get turning although i really fear i might b out of time :( xxx

iud is intra uterine death. there is medically no connection between ecv and this however it happened to two of her friends and they were probably told it was not connected to the ecv however it does make you wonder how safe it really is. my dr said if baby was breech at this appt on fri they would book me for the ecv for the following week...im going to say no. I was watching lots of videos on breech birth last night..im not really sure.all of my family are saying just get a c section but it upsets me alot to think about that but at the end of the day i want baby to be safe. yes i agree a support group would be good...its a complete mind field and having all this pressure to make the right decision...drives you insane!! hoping soooo much our babies get turning although i really fear i might b out of time :( xxx

Oh god thats awful, really terrifying! After watching the vids do u think a breech birth is the way ul go then? Im now on operation turn baby lol Slightly obsessed now reading online & watching vids on exercises. Im trying to keep positive that itl work & baby will flip but i have a bad feeling deep down it wont, its such a lazy bum & doesnt like being disturbed at all so cant imagine it using the energy to turn lol. Last night i went to bed with headphones down there, read music can attract them downwards. The monkey reacted & had good stretch (got me slightly excited) but didnt budge! Today im going to get the frozen peas out! lol. Try not to stress about fri hun, even if baby is still misbehaving uv another week or so before they will actually do anything, so u will have more time! Are u going to try any alternative treatments like acupuncture or something?

Also another question, does it matter which side u sleep on? I tried getting info on this online without much luck. I sleep on my left usually as i find it most comfortable & cos of recommendation to. My baby is lying under my right rib. When i lie on right its bit uncomfy & also get impression bubs doesnt like it as it squirms abit. Is there a particular position i should sleep in to encourage it to move??? I have pillow between knees anyway for my spd so pelvis should be open anyway xx

With an ecv you are given an injection that relaxes the womb/uterine muscles to make it easier to turn baby xx its more of an uncomfortable feeling my friend told me..
There is the ice block on top of uterus at baby's head and warmth light or sound at the bottom to attract it... k
On all fours rocking and rotating your hips... also getting your head lower than your bum so for example kneel on the edge of bed or steps and lean forward with hands on the floor best to attempt with someone to support u first time. ... do 3 deep in and out breaths n back up... do this a few times day....
Handstand in deep water in a swimming pool. ..
Lol my bubz is breech too so I'll be trying them...
Someone said moxibustion it is on my list to try if bubs hasn't turned by my next scan it apparently has a good success rate xx good luck xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Will have to check the moxibustion & accupunture out. When is ur nxt appointment hun? We should have a breech baby support thread, share tips & progress lol Good luck to u too x

My next scan is the 22nd hun... although that might change as i'm in the process of changing hospitals... long story.... but i have a mw app on monday...

I have a friend who is a homeopath and she told me that Pulsatilla is really good for turning babies... i'm speaking to her tonight to get more info xx

Whats Pulsatilla? Im looking into moxibustion at, gona make an appointment tomorrow. bit scared of lighting twigs near my toes though lol. let me know what ur friend suggests x

Ive another question breech ladies, are any of yous having cramps? been having some this past week which is new, mentioned it to doc yesterday but she didnt say much. wondered if its to do with position?? x

Whats Pulsatilla? Im looking into moxibustion at, gona make an appointment tomorrow. bit scared of lighting twigs near my toes though lol. let me know what ur friend suggests x

Pulsatilla is a homeopathic medicine hun xx i'm very much into alternative therapies hence the accupuncture/moxibustion....

I'll post up more info on it for you once i've spoke to her again xxx

My lo is breech but not going to stress about turning it now (as too soon to worry at 32 weeks) Babies can turn right up until labour. Don't know if I would opt for an ECV.

I have just had my 36 week midwife appointment and I am still breech, she said that I have three options, first to give birth breech but as it is my first child they would highly recommend against this as they have no way of knowing the size of my pelvis etc, manual turning or c-section. I have to go for a scan on Wednesday to confirm that the baby is still breech then I am going to discuss the turning option with the midwife at the hospital but have started to prepare myself for a c-section now as I know the success rate of manual turning is only 50%.

Just wondering how the ladies got on at their appointments today? Hope u get good news...good luck!! xx

Just had midwife and she isn't sure! I have a lot of scar tissue on lower abdomen due to 6 previous surgeries so she can't feel very easily. Got to wait until scan a week Tuesday and midwife has advised against ECV due to scarring and other factors which is the conclusion we had come to xxx

Aw thats a pity she couldnt tell. Least that buys you more time for lo to move before the scan. Have u noticed any strong moves recently which might mean its turned? x

Last night there was a lot of squirming and pushing that made me ooh and aah a bit. I'm still getting lots of low kicks but I've noticed the hiccups feel low as well so maybe that's where her head is? I have no idea! Just going to chill out until we know from the scan as not a great deal I can do - its up to her now! Xxx

Just an update, not sure if there is any breech mummys left apart from me! Had appointment today, bubs is still breech surprise surprise! So back for another scan next week, if still breech & if we decide to i will be getting manually turned in 2wks at 37. If babys still breech after that i will be booked in for a c sec at 39wks :( x

aww..there is still time...my baby turned at 36-37 weeks and so far has stayed head down!! will keep my fx that ur lo turns to!! xx

My MW still hasnt told me position of my baby, she said she will tell me Thursday at my 36 week appointment, I even had an appontment yesterday and she didnt tell me. I have a feeling mine is breech too which is reason she hasnt so far mentioned his position, I even asked her at 34 weeks and she said shes not taking notice till 26 weeks.

He was breech at my 28 week 3d scan.

Mine is still breech got mw appt Thurs, but HB is above my belly button so breech and kicking low down. Scan on 36/40 for growth/position. If still breech and offer me an ECV I want to be induced as soon as head down. (as painful and flip back and don't wanna go through it twice). We shall see what they say.

SOrry to burst in on your thread - I just wondered, those of you who have confirmed breech - do you still get little kicks / pushes towards the top of your bump? I think my little one is back to back and breech, am almost convinced of it. My GP said he was breech last week but wasnt 100% sure, I get lots of pushes and movement at the brim of my pelvis, especially when I sit bolt upright, I also have a very firm round lump under my ribs from time to time, sometimes it goes round to my side, have been doing turning excersises but dont want to turn him the wrong way!! What are your movements like?

Mine is still breech got mw appt Thurs, but HB is above my belly button so breech and kicking low down. Scan on 36/40 for growth/position. If still breech and offer me an ECV I want to be induced as soon as head down. (as painful and flip back and don't wanna go through it twice). We shall see what they say.

Hi glowing, do u know much about the ECV? Does it really hurt? They keep telling me its uncomfortable but i cant imagine it wouldnt be painful as im sure some force is required to move baby. Im nervous how its going to feel and feel at the moment like i cant get an honest straight answer from them. I keep reading conflicting things online about whether its painful too. Can u request for an induction after its head down?? They never mentioned that either xx

SOrry to burst in on your thread - I just wondered, those of you who have confirmed breech - do you still get little kicks / pushes towards the top of your bump? I think my little one is back to back and breech, am almost convinced of it. My GP said he was breech last week but wasnt 100% sure, I get lots of pushes and movement at the brim of my pelvis, especially when I sit bolt upright, I also have a very firm round lump under my ribs from time to time, sometimes it goes round to my side, have been doing turning excersises but dont want to turn him the wrong way!! What are your movements like?

Ive always known from regular scans and because theres a little hard head under my right ribs, can see it roll back & forth some times. The kicks are all low down & to my left so know thats the feet & arms. I dont feel kicks high just its head which is unmistakable as its so big & feels solid under skin. Good luck hope u get confirmation soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back