Breech 2nd baby

Lulla Bell

Reaction score
Hey, so my first son was breech and I was made to have a section,
I'm 21 weeks tomorrow with baby number 2, also a boy.
So much about the pregnancy is the same, high anterior placenta, baby has feet up by their face, another boy, complete nightmare for scans.
I'm terrified I'm going to have another breech baby because I'm desperate for a Hbac.
Has anyone had number one breech and number two head down with so many similarities?
Or were both breech?

I know it's Still mega early and babies aren't even considered breech yet, I'm just having a panic over here that history is going to repeat itself.
Thank you xx

I’m not sure how your specific situation will go. But I want to say there are so many worse things than a cesarean. I went for a vbac with my second. I pushed for 8 hours. He was born blue, no heartbeat, no breathing, swallowed meconium, was life flighted at 5 hours old, spent 2 weeks in the nicu. I was temporarily paralyzed from my thighs down, had a catheter for 9 weeks, and had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks. Went home in a wheelchair and couldn’t walk unassisted for another 10 weeks of outpatient therapy. Not doing a repeat cesarean almost cost me my sons life. I was desperate to not have to have that surgery and if I’d just done it, I wouldn’t have gone through such horrible trauma. If you need a cesarean, don’t feel bad. Just be happy your baby is being delivered the safest way possible <3

I'm sorry but this is exactly the kind of advice that is damaging to women.

I would never do anything to harm my child and I know a c section isnt bad, but I'm young fit and healthy and was lied to about having a first one.
I didn't need one....
so I want to try and have a natural birth this time.
Telling me trying to have a natural birth could potentially cost me my sons life is horrific.
Have a think about what you're writing before you press post

Hey lulla, I think it just depends on baby to be honest and it'll be just a waiting game until then. Have you got ovia? It has a community where you post questions Annomosly and people answer anonymous, people from all over the world so your more likely going to get a better response (I post on there a lot now, the forum isn't what it used to be sadly.)
Have you asked your midwife what the chances are? And you could try and get them to turn him earlier if you ask if he's breech when there's more room for him to flip :)

I'm in a kind of similar situation with worrying if mine will be early again as my son was 35 weeks worried about going earlier than that.

I’m not sure how your specific situation will go. But I want to say there are so many worse things than a cesarean. I went for a vbac with my second. I pushed for 8 hours. He was born blue, no heartbeat, no breathing, swallowed meconium, was life flighted at 5 hours old, spent 2 weeks in the nicu. I was temporarily paralyzed from my thighs down, had a catheter for 9 weeks, and had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks. Went home in a wheelchair and couldn’t walk unassisted for another 10 weeks of outpatient therapy. Not doing a repeat cesarean almost cost me my sons life. I was desperate to not have to have that surgery and if I’d just done it, I wouldn’t have gone through such horrible trauma. If you need a cesarean, don’t feel bad. Just be happy your baby is being delivered the safest way possible <3

I’m not saying don’t try. I’m saying if you end up needing it, it’s not the worst thing in the world. Take it how you want. I wish I’d known the possibility of what could actually happen. I was completely blindsided. Everyone told me vbac was a safer way to go and better for me and my son. I hope you get the birth experience you want.

Hey, so my first son was breech and I was made to have a section,
I'm 21 weeks tomorrow with baby number 2, also a boy.
So much about the pregnancy is the same, high anterior placenta, baby has feet up by their face, another boy, complete nightmare for scans.
I'm terrified I'm going to have another breech baby because I'm desperate for a Hbac.
Has anyone had number one breech and number two head down with so many similarities?
Or were both breech?

I know it's Still mega early and babies aren't even considered breech yet, I'm just having a panic over here that history is going to repeat itself.
Thank you xx
I think the best thing you can do is discuss your concerns with your midwife whilst making your hbac wishes known (earlier the better, that way you have plenty of time to discuss options and best ways to aim for the birth you want!!) . At the end of the day how you decide to give birth must be something you are comfortable with after weighing up the risks vs benefits and recommendations from your team.

Hey lulla. Congratulations! I remember you from before.

I don't have experience of a c section but I did have a birth experience that I wouldn't have chosen first time and want to do everything in my power to avoid a repeat! Do you have a birth afterthoughts service at your hospital? It might be helpful to go through why you were recommended a section last time as it sounds like you don't feel like you were properly informed. Also can you discuss your birth plan for this baby with a consultant midwife? I've pushed for this as I'm hoping to be a bit better informed of my choices this time.

they let you push for 8 hours???? I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous, intervention such as forceps, ventouse or an emergency c-section would normally be given after maximum couple of hours of pushing surely, they were threatening me with the forceps after a hour of pushing lol, said I had a maximum of another 15 minutes to get her out before they would need to intervene

Hi Lulla!
Huge congratulations again!
I was born breech and my little brother and sister were head-down, natural complication-free deliveries. I was born vaginally too, they didn’t push csections so hard those days…
You got this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back