Breathlessness

Tigger87

Reaction score
Does anyone get this when not doing anything, I've been sat up in the armchair for the last hour and now I'm lying in bed and still have it.

It's not too bad, just feels like I'm not able to take enough air in no matter how deeply I try to breathe!

Not had that yet but I have read it can happen as baby is pushing up into your diaphragm etc. Might be worth mentioning to your mw though. I get out of breath very easily and was fit before pregnancy! Xx

Last edited:
I definitely get this! Especially if I'm talking (even though I'm just sat down).. I think as mentioned above it is just coz baby is pushing all your organs up into your lungs.. It's mad to think how crushed everything must be in there if u think about it!
Someone told me it CAN be a sign of lack of iron, but my level is fine, so just make sure u get yours checked out at next appointment xxx

I noticed this te other day..
I was only sat up on sofa talking to my mum and i was trying to catch my breath!?
She looked at me like wtf!? Lolol

I hadnt moved from the seatbin over an hour i couldnt understand why i found it sooo much effort to speak lol x

Ohh just read about the iron comment.. Funny that cos thurs my BP was low so MW sent of my bloods and im now on iron tablets!
BP has been perfect all pregnancy until last week! X

Iv got this hun....and the last week or so iv actually struggled to breathe in bed when I lie down.....iv actually woken hubby up gasping for air! driving me mad lol xxx

I've got this pretty bad! It's the worst when I lie down though. :/ It is "normal" hahahah.

I have this lol it's quite uncomfortable, feel so unhealthy with it!
I had low iron but on tablets for a bit so should be fine in that section and still get it lol xx

Tapatalking. X

I've had this for quite a few weeks now, at first I was really scared! I know exactly what you mean when you feel like you can't get enough air, you know you can breathe but it just doesn't feel like you're getting enough! I found that sometimes getting some fresh air helps, standing outside and taking some deep breaths. It is horrible though :( xxx

I tend to get it when I'm sat down, like I seem to get breathless in meetings, plus I get bubbly lung! Thst feels soooo strange!

Xx

I get this too, especially when lying down. Apparently iv also began snoring like a crazy women, very very loudly, I assume this has something to do with difficulty breathing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back