Breastfeeding with fake boobs?

Summergurl

Reaction score
Has anybody on here got fake boobies & is ok breastfeeding?

I would really like to breastfeed but not sure if it's possible. I have had an uplift and an enlargement so the nipples were taken off during the uplift and put back on so I'm not sure if they're guna work :rofl:

I have the same question - I was waiting to see the midwife. I remember during my consultations/op the surgeon said there's no reason everything wouldn't be fine. However, I did just have implants - I can't comment on the nipple removal thing.

My SIL fed 2 (maybe 3?) babies with fake boobies... she had issues with mastitis, but to my knowledge it wasn't connected as my nephews had tongue ties... That is just standard implants though - I can imagine the nipple removal might make a difference?!

Bear in mind you can get human breast milk from a milk bank if you need it... might feel weird but b/m obviously has massive benefits when they are tiny.

Last edited:
From what I've read it depends what sensitivity and 'reaction' you have in your nipples. Although I just have implants with incisions under my boobs (which is best chance of successful breast feeding), the bottom half of my boobs have little sensation and not all of my nipples do either.

I have decided not to breast feed.

I still have feeling in my nipples which can only be a good thing, I guess that it's a 50/50 chance then.

If they removed the nipples completely they severed the milk ducts, but it's possible they healed and re matched up (to the nipples) once they were reattached.

It's probably just going to be a case of waiting and seeing.
If you start producing colostrum and/or are able to hand express colostrum at the end of your pregnancy there should be no reason why you can't breastfeed.
I'd contact a lactation consultant before the birth though to talk it through with you and so you have that help on hand in case you do have any problems.

Lovely, thanks Phoenix. Would I contact the consultant via my midwife? X

Great question. I only developed one boob. So I had implants as apparently 1 implant would look obvious. But one side is under the muscle and one is over. And I had laser surgery on constricted tissue on the left hand non developed boob. I'm petrified only one boob will grow and produce milk...!!!
Arghhh xx

Lovely, thanks Phoenix. Would I contact the consultant via my midwife? X

Your midwife should have the contact details of the local lactation consultant, but if not your maternity department at the hospital should have contact details of either a lactation consultant or their Infant Feeding Coordinator (whis is usually the same thing or the IFC has breastfeeding training)

Good luck!

I'm petrified only one boob will grow and produce milk...!!!
Arghhh xx

It's possible to successfully breastfeed off just one breast as breastmilk works supply & demand, so the more the baby feeds, the more that breast will produce.

If you did find only the one breast "worked" you could still breastfeed. If you contact an organisation like the La Leche League I'm sure they'll be able to reassure you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back