Breastfeeding when top teeth have cut?

lozzi

Reaction score
Well the bottom two teethies are here, im now really concerned as to when her top teethies come thru...

What experience do you breastfeeding mummies have of the top teeth?

DOes it hurt? do they bite you?

Thanks,

Austin has 7 teeth now, he does bite me occasionally & it does hurt sometimes but it's not that bad. He has to deliberately bite for it to hurt & is slowly learning no means no. Hopefully because Ellouise is a bit older she'll learn 'no' very quickly & not bite you too much!

Generally feeding with teeth doesn't hurt, it's only the biting that does.

It can't be that bad because I'm still mostly breastfeeding! I would have stopped if it had really hurt.

Ds started biting which coincided with his top teeth cutting. The last time he did it I really squealed which shocked him so much that he burst into tears every time he latched on for the next 10 minutes :oops: He hasn't bit me since :dance: :rotfl:

I have been told that if C starts to bite, to take her off straight away, say no firmly and then put her back on.
Fortunately she only has 1 bottom tooth at the mo so not a problem, but I go to a breastfeeding group where others are feeding babies with top teeth and this is their tip

Jam only bit me at about 10mths, then i started weanin him at about a year and now no more sore boobies lol :lol:

Somebody told me to pull the baby into the breast really quickly (so that they are smothered by it for a split second) and then pull them away again. I'm not sure how I feel about that though...

Xxx

Hi

Kiara bite quite a few times ide pull her off and make her wait a few seconds before putting her back on it was usually when she was teething though. as was said the biting hurts but not when they are feeding i felt nothing
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back