Breastfeeding slings - recommendations

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Ttc1234, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Ttc1234

Ttc1234 Well-Known Member

My baby is 5 days old and feeding almost constantly. Think I might need to give in with a dummy - the main thing for me is breastfeeding is established and I am hopefully able to continue that. He just won't settle off the Breast. Anyway midwife suggested a sling so think I will try this first see if I can avoid a dummy - we will see.
    Any recommendations - hopefully going to get one off amazon tonight to be delivered tomorrow. Thanks

2. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

3. ffeefifofum

ffeefifofum Member

I know you want to get one asap, but if you can find one I'd head along to a sling library asap and try a few on, they fit people differently so one that's brilliant for one person might be uncomfortable for others etc.

Sling libraries often hire them out for a small fee (and a deposit) so you could possibly borrow one from them and see how you get on with it before buying one :)

I'm sure you know it already, but it really is totally normal for young babies to feed all the time as it's how they build your supply (and why introducing a dummy can cause problems). Hope you manage to find a sling to help as I remember it can feel quite constricting, even when you know it's normal :hug: