Breastfeeding & Periods

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
Sorry for the overly personal question

But when did your periods return if you BF?

I'm 9 months in with no sign of one - I'm supposed to be TTC in 3 months and I'm stressing that its never coming back!

I'm only expressing 3 times a day now, so thought it would be back by now.

I've got OPK's to track my cycle (if there is one) and I didn't even get a sniff of a line today

I BF fulltime for 3 months and then when I cut down to 2 -3 feeds a day it came pretty quickly after that :( Maybe because you BF for longer than me yours is taking longer to come back. I'm sure they will! Once mine came back they were pretty regular like before too, so hopefully yours will settle back to how they used to be. Try not to stress hon as that might keep it away longer!! xx

Hun I got pregnant with our second when out first was 4 months old. Was exclusively BF and my periods hadn't returned but still got pregnant!!Xx

I'm exclusively breastfeeding and got my first period 8 weeks post partum :( but with sol I didnt get one for 10 months. So think it depends. Maybe cos you express, it's more regular and routined as I think mine started this time because Jonah was feeding rubbishy

C was 9 months when AF arrived, I think it's down to how many feeds per day mine returned when we went down to three a day. Xx

Think harry was around 8 months when mind came back- provable coinciding with when he naturally cut down his feeds x

6 months for me was ebf and started weaning then..x

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Still haven't had mine yet tweety and I'm 6 months in. x

I'm almost a year in and nothing at all! We're ttc in 4 months and I'm panicking too!
I've cut out night feeds (giving a bottle instead) and when he's at nursery he has formula so on those days I feed once or twice. usually feed 3 or 4 times a day.
I thought they'd return if I cut out the night feeds but did that a couple of weeks ago but made no difference x

7 months ish I think, after the weaning started properly.

Alex is almost ten months and I still haven't had one (but I'm not planning on ttc any time soon, so I'm quite enjoying not having one!) but Alex still feeds at least four times a day (bloomin' greedy guts) although I think he's starting to cut back a bit now.

I'm also on the pill and I'm sure my GP said that it might cause me not to have a period, but I've just read the NHS advice for it and it says if you don't have one you ought to see your GP... how would I know whether I hadn't had one because of it or because of the breast feeding?!

I was just talking to my friend about this the other day... She's 11 months and just stopped BF, she's not had anything yet xx

I thought I was getting one a few months back but nothing came of it and nothing since x

I started cutting down feeds just before Drake was 6 months and had completely stopped bf for about 6 weeks before I had my first AF.

Must have been 10 months for me. Was feeding 3 times a day at that point.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27