Breastfeeding = hungry mummy!

Sarah13

Reaction score
I don't think I stop eating! I'm always hungry, luckily I didn't put weight on while pregnant so I don't need to loose any extra padding which helps. Problem is I've started snacking on junk cos it's easy, quick and with Xmas coming there's lots of it about, yes I'm talking about chocolate! I don't want to fill up on crap as I want to have nutritious breast milk any suggestions for healthy replacements? Not fruit though as I like it but it never fills me so I end up eating some rubbish with it! I'm also bored of homemade flap jacks now! I think I want carbs to feel more satisfied.

Have you tried these seed bars you can get from tesco? They are call 9bars, they are really healthy, filling and nice and they are good but still sweet and nice. Plus cereal and milk is always good

Hey hun

How about cereal,crumpets,fruit with yoghurt, jelly with yoghurt....I'm doing weightwatchers and these are the things I currently snack on! :)

HTH I'll keep thinking xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

I was going to suggest flapjacks lol! What about muesli? Pasta salads?

Sent from my spammy iPhone using Tapatalk - it's got a mind of it's own!

I'll look for those seed bars, and forgot about yogurts! I craved cereal while pregnant maybe I should eat more of that again too. Thanks x

Also ask oh to make you a sandwich in the morning and put it in the fridge, or each time you make food, make extra so you have something on hand to just munch x

I am so with you on this, A is very needy so I don't have much time to cook plus craving junk. I bought myself some nuts and dried fruit and snack on those, much healthier than chocolate. I still treat myself but not as often.
What about making veggie baked crisps? Parsnips, carrots, beetroot etc? You can buy them but they are quite expensive.
As my husband is cooking most of the time, we end up with potatoes a few days a week, you can quickly put them in the microwave and put butter/cheese etc. Maybe have some cheddar grates in a container in a fridge?

Good idea Fi about making extra to snack on in the fridge, duno why I didn't think of that!
Knopk I normally have nuts and dried fruit in as well, but I can also be a bit of a piggy with these as well! Vegetable crisps is a good idea too, I like the expensive ones but might try making my own now, if I get time lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back