BREASTFEEDING DOWNER

SCARED MUM TO BE

Reaction score
HEY GIRLS I HAVE HAD A WE BOY AND IM BREAST FEEDING HAVENT HAD A MIN TO LET ANYNE KNOW THAT I HAVE HAD HIM,

BUT HE SEEMS TO SUCK ON MY BREAST FOR AN HOUR AND AT NIGHT I CAN BE UP FROM 11 TIL HALF 2 GETTINREALLY DOWN ABOUT THIS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME CAN ANYONE PLEASEE HELP,

Congratulations Hun!!

How old is he? Its perfectly normal for babies to feed almost constantly for the first few days till your milk comes in as they aren't really getting a satisfying feed. If this is the case just bear with it - once your milk comes in and he gets a full tummy after a feed it will settle down. The more he feeds the quicker your milk will come in.

Much love

Hi,

First of all congratulations on the birth of your little boy. In rlation to the breastfeeding what you are describing sounds just like my little one. She would feed for up to an hour and she still will feed this long now. she also tended to cluster feed in the evening, where i was feeding her every hour so it felt non stop. we could never settle her down before 2.30am. but she has now started to take longer between feeds and will go to bed at 11.30pm and sleep for about 6/7 hours. she is now 7 weeks old. i don't know how old your baby is but i have found it is worth sticking with the brestfeeding as it does get better x

Hi congradulations on your baby boy

I had this too with Kiara and its mostly stopped now but i get the odd days
where she will eat lots more or every hour. i wouldnt worry you'll get sore nipples but try putting warm clothes before feeding and cold ones after. Hope your both doing okay and good luck.
katrina

Congratulations on your baby boy.... looking forward to some piccies!!

With regards to your question.... Oscar is nearly 7 weeks old and still plugged in for most of the day. Breastfeeding is SO exhausting!!! It would be good if we were warned about that...... but it's really natures way to pin us down and help us recover properly. I always thought it was amazing that whenever I breastfeed, I start to feel drowsy.... that is how nature intended it to be, so that we can rest when baby is resting.
My advice... sod all the housework, etc. and focus on yourself and baby. If it's really getting you down, speak to your HV, but I promise you, before you know it, you've mastered the art and your little boy will give you an enormous smile!
Keep at it - you're doing well and we've ALL been there!
Emilia xx

aw hun, its hard work isnt it? Charlie is the same, she has a feed at 11, but it feels that between changing and crying and another feed, its none stop until about 2.30. she'll then sleep til 5.30/6 ish change/feed then sleep until about 8/9 am.
I feel like im doing it all wrong, dont feel on your own. Have you any one you can discuss with? i got somone round on friday to have a chat from a local support group, which im hoping might put me at ease and give me some hints.
chin up xxx

Hi there, I agree, I have never been so tired in my whole life!! Oliver feeds at least every 3 hours, and like was said by the time he is changed and washed and put down it is time for another feed! Everyone keeps telling me it will get better but not when it does....Oliver also doesnt like to be put in his moses basket so as soon as I put him down he starts to cry and then scream. Sometimes by the time he is settled I only have an hour before he wakes up and wants feeding again!! I have also started to be naughty and give him a formula feed at 11ish on an evening as he does sleep longer after that, so I get a couple of hours rest otherwise I would be managing on 2 hours sleep a day!! Fingers croseed it will get easier!!

Hi hun

I have had a few problems myself, but stick with it.

Keep eating, drinking and sleeping (whenever you get the chance)

My little one is only just over two weeks old and already I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so just keep on with it and things will turn out good for you, I promise.

I didn't enjoy the first two weeks of my little baby, but now I feel so proud that I perservered.

HEY COREY IS 4 WEEKS AND IM SO GLAD I ASKED YOU LOT, HE DOS THE WHOLE CLUSTER FEEDING AND ALSO SETTLE S WHEN HE IS LYIN ON MY CHEST BUT WHEEN I GO TO UT HIM IN HE CRIES BUT I WILL STICK WITH AND I ALSO CHEATED TOO WITH THE FORMULA FEEDS BUT I HAVE STOPPED THAT AND AM EXPRESSIN AGAIN IF HE DOES GET HUNGRY, LOL I KNOW ITS WORTH IT.

DO ANY OF YOUR BABIES BEE COLICKY I THINK THATS WHAT IT IS COREYS FACE GOES BRIGHT RED LIKE HE IS CONSTIPATED BUT HE HAD NAPPIES WITH POO, SORRY GIRLIES

Seren was colicky when young, I did try and use infacol but was rubbish at remembering it so used dentinox. Howeer I have found gripe water to be the best thing, your baby is a month old so he can take it now. She would scream and scrunch her body up, would be red in the face but I think that was from her screaming.

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
Hi hun

I have had a few problems myself, but stick with it.

Keep eating, drinking and sleeping (whenever you get the chance)

My little one is only just over two weeks old and already I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so just keep on with it and things will turn out good for you, I promise.

I didn't enjoy the first two weeks of my little baby, but now I feel so proud that I perservered.

Wise words! It really does get easier with each day as you are both learning to feed in effect and once you have learnt something it's second nature.

I also found it hard for about 5 weeks and nearly cried everyday with it, then I went to a Breastfeeding clinic, they gave me some tips, then bingo I was a master!!

Hi

I am so glad for this thread! I was going to post something similar today as I really am struggling with the breastfeeding.

I realise Olivia is only 6 days old but like what most of you guys have said I have found it really hard going to breastfeed - both getting it right, milk coming in and then the demands of a newborn to keep feeding.

Steelers Fan -Olivia also screams when I change her nappy so I find nighttime really exhausting as by the time she's cluster fed, pooed, screamed, change of clothes, sick, scream change of clothes, sleep it seems to be 7am again.

It's encouraging to read people saying that it gets easier - last night I was in tears and wanted to swap her over to the bottle as I'm not sure how long I can cope with the breast feeding but I will persevere for as long as I can.

Lucy
Olivia 6 days old

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back