breastfeeding at 3, 4, 5, 6 months?

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
At the moment I am still feeding for hours every day. My health visitor said that I may not believe it now, but it won't be long before I can feed him in short bursts and these hours spent on my back side will be a thing of the past.

If you are exclusively breastfeeding, are you now spending less time anchored to the sofa now that you have reached 3,4,5,6 months etc?

How long should I expect to feel like a beached whale for. I feel so lazy and getting fed up with asking people to pass me things like a drink or the phone or the remote control etc etc.....

I exclusivly breastfeed, and I can tell you it does get a lot better!
Brody is now 14 weeks, and although he feeds a lot in the day, it's more "little and often" as each feed lasts about 10 mins, then 20 mins later he'll have the same again, then nothing else for maybe 3 hours.
With my first he settled right into a 30 min feed about every 4 hours quite quickly.

Seren is 11 weeks and already i see an improvement. she will go an hour - 2 hrs between feed which doesn't sound a lot but she feeds for about 20 mins now instead of an hour. There are even times when she will go 3 hours but that is still a bit rare. You're doing great Sarah, xxxx

I'm pretty much the same as Urchin and Beanie. Breastfeeding exclusively and it's getting so much easier.
Funny how we get fed up of sitting down in the beginning, as there will be little chance of that as they get bigger and start walking!!! :shock: :shock:
We'll wish the "sitting down" time back!!

You're doing great - hang in there! :wink:
Emilia xx

ewan would take an hour to feed till about 7 weeks then it reduced to 40 mins,then 25 now he only takes about 5-10 mins for a feed!! :dance: used to feel like i was permanently strapped to sofa - now i don't have any excuses!

Hi

Kiara is about 9 weeks now and she eats about every 3-5 hours once shes asleep and awake about every 1-3 hours so it does get better.
Katrina xx

My two were pretty much the same as what Beanie and Urchin have described and had little and often feeds.

Hang on in there Sarah, you are doing great hunny.

Abi takes about 10 mins to feed and feeds every 3 - 4 hours through the day now and has formula for bed and sleeps all night :lol: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back