Breastfeeding anywhere?

oldermum

Reaction score
I haven't a clue what the law is on breastfeeding when out and about but i'm one of those peeps who will feed anywhere and sod the funny looks.

Even went to my local Sure Start Breast Feeding support group on Friday and was amazed at some of the funny looks i got because i didn't go to the 'feeding room' they have for mothers when Holly wanted feeding, i just stayed where i was and fed her.

No wonder some mothers have problems feeding without feeling 'weird' about it.

Do you think it's right to feed where-ever ?

i think you should be able to feed anywhere hun :clap:

Yes I do think its right however i feel conscious when I am doing it I am always waiting for the funny looks or comments which makes me anxious so I tend to express and take a bottle with me that said if my son needs food then he will have it

good for you

oldermum said:
Even went to my local Sure Start Breast Feeding support group on Friday and was amazed at some of the funny looks i got because i didn't go to the 'feeding room'

You went to a breastfeeding support group and was expected to use a different room to feed your child :| What !? :x

As far as the law is concerned you can feed were you like :D

I used to get anxious but now I couldnt give two hoots :lol:

oldermum said:
I haven't a clue what the law is on breastfeeding when out and about but i'm one of those peeps who will feed anywhere and sod the funny looks.

Even went to my local Sure Start Breast Feeding support group on Friday and was amazed at some of the funny looks i got because i didn't go to the 'feeding room' they have for mothers when Holly wanted feeding, i just stayed where i was and fed her.

No wonder some mothers have problems feeding without feeling 'weird' about it.

Do you think it's right to feed where-ever ?

yes.

Tasha20 said:
oldermum said:
Even went to my local Sure Start Breast Feeding support group on Friday and was amazed at some of the funny looks i got because i didn't go to the 'feeding room'

You went to a breastfeeding support group and was expected to use a different room to feed your child :| What !? :x

As far as the law is concerned you can feed were you like :D

I used to get anxious but now I couldnt give two hoots :lol:

Yep, the looks where mainly from helpers within the Sure-Start but one lady noticed another womans look and said ' i asked her if she wanted to use the feeding room but she doesn't want to' :wall: .

the way you have to be is don't give a fook.
if you want to do something fook everyone elses opinion.

:rotfl: :rotfl: three lots of labour , im right there with you on that :lol:

Yes Budge I really dont care anymore fook em :D

Oldermum I think its terrible, you go to a breastfeeding support and you cant feed in the group? just daft :roll:

If I had time and money id do a better one than them :D we'd even have cake and bickies :rotfl:

i feed Freya wherever, Mc Donalds, Costa, Park bench, most of the time noone notices its one of the best things about BF u can do it where and whenever :D

I will hapilly feed Ellie wherever if she needs a feed. However once Ellie reached about 3 months, she started getting so distracted being in strange places I often have to go to the back of the car to give her a feed.

ill do it anywhere. i thought i'd feel self-conscious but i really dont all i can see is that my daughter is hungry i dont give anyone else a thought!
it seems a bit off that u were at BF support group and u STILL got funny looks! u ignore them all go girl! :clap:

The worst place I've fed was in a beer garden of a pub. It was a far corner and we only went there because she needed feeding and so I needed somewhere to sit down :oops:

We got loads of disgusted looks and I felt really embarrased and a little peed off at everyone's attitudes.

I wish people's attitudes would change but I doubt it will until my little one is all grown up and feeding her own baby :( .

LBxx

I fed my 2 anywhere I liked, I didn't flaunt it, and was quite discreet. I would have LOVED someone to say something to me, I'd have let rip. :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back