Breastfeeding and expressing??

eldraW

Reaction score
Hey all.

I normally very very rarely express but with Leo having to take gaviscon for his reflux i have been expressing a bit to mix with the gaviscon. So.... My question is it ok to express a little and put it in the fridge and then later on in the day add more milk to the same bottle? Y i ask is because sometimes when expressing i dont get alot out and always get more out of one than the other, at times i am only managing to get a couple of oz out as Leo is on th breast quite alot. It just seems silly that if i am only expressing maybe 1oz to put it in seperate bottles in the fridge. I dont know y but something is tellin me i read somewhere u can add to the same bottle for upto 24 hrs if its in the fridge. Is this true? And also for them ladies that do express how much would u get out if LO has been feeding and when he hasnt?

Thanks xx

Yes you can put one day's expressed milk all in the same bottle :) only as long as its in the fridge. It's only if you have already frozen some that adding more fresh milk to that is not recommended.

Thanks for tht hun :).
So once its taken out fridge how long does it last? Xx

Hmm not sure on that one. I assumed that it would be like formula, you use it pretty much immediately.

If its not heated i think you have 6 hours to use it if not in the fridge. I've never added milk together, it always confuses me as stuff in fridge is cold then when it comes from you its warm? I can get about an oz to 2oz out if I've just fed

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back