breast shield sizing

Nicnax

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I express using the medela swing pump, and so really well in a pumping session- usually getting 8/9 ounces. However, I have to work to get my nipple in the tube, facing the right way, iykwim??! For example, my nipple looks quite free in there, and if it's not pointing the exact right way, it doesn't work that we'll. I hadn't rally noticed before, as I always read, or watch tv, whilst pumping, but it has started to hurt, so I watched carefully just now, and my areola is being pulled in as well. Checking the medela website, I have come to the conclusion I need a smaller breast shield (never thought this would be an issue with my FFs!!). But I can't find them to buy anywhere- only the large.

Anyone else had to do this, who can advise where to look? Silly thing is, I've been pumping for 4 months, and it's not been a problem til now.

Thanks for any advice. :)

Hi - I thought I needed a smaller shield, but I didn't so have a barely used Medela 21mm shield if you like it? just PM me your address and I can post it to you.

Thanks so much for the offer- hubby found one and ordered it before I saw this, but thanks again. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back