Breast Pump

JustTrying

Reaction score
For those ladies that are breastfeeding, how important would you say it is to express milk? Why?

When I breastfed my daughter I tried expressing but I couldn't get it to work properly.

I would have liked a break from time to time as she fed every 2 hours day and night but in the end I just had to get it done! She refused formula the 2 times I tried to give it to her sadly so I never bothered with that either!

I felt like a bit of a dairy cow for 7 months but I'd happily do it all again! And I intend to one day!

When I breastfed my daughter I tried expressing but I couldn't get it to work properly.

I would have liked a break from time to time as she fed every 2 hours day and night but in the end I just had to get it done! She refused formula the 2 times I tried to give it to her sadly so I never bothered with that either!

I felt like a bit of a dairy cow for 7 months but I'd happily do it all again! And I intend to one day!

good breast pumps are so expensive so I am really not sure wheher I need one or not. I hear of so many ladies who are unsuccessful with them.

Jeez every 2 hours is just an all round routine! Who said babies were easy eh?

good breast pumps are so expensive so I am really not sure wheher I need one or not. I hear of so many ladies who are unsuccessful with them.

Jeez every 2 hours is just an all round routine! Who said babies were easy eh?

Indeed!!

Ultimately it's obviously your choice but I won't be buying one for the next one. I won't be bothering with bottles or dummys or a whole bunch of stuff I bought first time!!

i was going to pump some with my last baby to share the burden with OH, but the pumping is just as much faff as bf, in fact you would have to pump several times a day just to get one full feed so it doesnt really give you a break at all!

When my son was born, he couldn't latch at first so my pump was a lifesaver - I had to syringe/cup feed for about a week before he "got it". It was also great to be able to express a bottle for if I was going to be away for a few hours. I didn't love doing it though!

I have the Medela swing pump and really recommend it.

I expressed a lot in the early days as I needed to get it out and could easily fill a 6oz bottle from each breast. The freezer is full of my milk but my son just flat out refuses a bottle so I will use it to add to his food when he weans instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back