Breast Pump ?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am currently almost 30wks.. and have decided I'd like to combi-feed (I think!).. a combination of formula feeding, breast feeding and expressing.

For a number of reasons this is my decision - I am hoping to give baby the best of both worlds while sharing the experience with hubby.

My question... do you buy a breast pump in anticipation or wait to see how it goes ?

What have others done ? I don't want to buy an expensive breast pump and then either not use it, as I change my mind, or baby doesn't take to it.. etc etc...

Thoughts ?

i got a medela mini off ebay 2nd hand for cheap. id go for the swing or harmony tho if your planning to use it often as theyre sturdier

Hiya. I'm 27 weeks and I want to try and combi feeding straight away. I brought a Phillips breast pump so fingers crossed I can express the milk. :) I don't like the idea of breast feeding all the time. I think it's important to have your partner get involved.

What they said but also I would recommend u get an electric pump I bought a manual and it was pathetic it just seemed to yank my nipple but not get anything out!!! Waste of money unless ur into that kind of thing lol x

If you think you will do a lot of expressing I would get a double electric one. I have the medela freestyle which I got second hand. You can also rent hospital grade ones - I think it's about £45/month. It's also worth getting one you can use hands free and buying a hands free bra xx

The hospital Medela one is brilliant. I believe it's £30 a month to rent and personally I wouldn't want to spend that much on a pump. I have an electric Avent which is pretty good and cost about £50 but I REALLY regret not getting a double pump. Although much more expensive it saves half the time and because my baby was in intensive care for 11 days I had to express A LOT, all through out the day and night and it would have been so much easier with a double pump.

Word of warning, health visitors and midwives disagree with combi feeding so be prepared for them moaning at you about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back