Breast Pump Testing

BubbleOne

Reaction score
Hi Girlies xxx

Went out yesterday and brought my Medela Mini Electric BreastPump and am itching to try it out but is this a good idea? :roll:

My boobs have been leaking since about 18weeks so I know there is milk in there but I don't want to attach the pump and try it out and then end up producing loads of milk for the next 8 weeks!! :shock: LOL.

Has anyone tried theres?
Is it perfectly safe to try it or am I better off waiting until Bubble arrives before I test it? xxxx

Help!!!

Id wait till 36week if I were you as nipple stimulation is used to try to induce labour as it causes the uterus to contract.

Make sure as well when you do try it that you only stimulate one nipple at a time as doing both together in any way can cause foetal distress.

Oooh!!

Thanks for that Cat :D
Glad I asked now!!
Don't really want to go into premature labour for the sake of a breast pumping session!!!
I think I'll just wait until after Bubble is born to be on the safe side.
Or maybe I'll try it if I go overdue to see if it will get my labour started!! LOL XXX

Yeah elaine found in the run up to her due date that it gave her braxton hicks contractions every time without fail, and I tried it out the other week inthe bath and got some. It is a recognised means of trying to induce labour, along with the raspberry leafs, pinnapple etc.
So its certainly worth giving it a go once you hit 38 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back