Breast milk

kellysomer

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me when the breast milk leaks in late pregnancy what colour it should be??

I have been leaking a bright sunny yellow colour liquid and i am worried that it isnt right, i assumed (perhaps niavely) that it would be like the colour of cows milk ie creamy colour. But this is bright yellow and stains my bras.

Sorry if this is a bit too personal but you guys are so great as helping answer those little niggles.
:oops:

Sounds normal to me hun - it's colostrum. You'll produce this now till your milk comes in 3-5 days after baby is born.
Get some breast pads and that should stop staining your bras x

WOW thanks you learn something new every day!!

Perhaps it glows in the dark too to aid the newborn, LOL! :shock:

Releived now to know i am normal!!!!

HI,

Just a quick one on this subject. When your breasts first start to leak, does it really hurt???

I woke up on Saturday with such painful nipples I had to sit there open to air as fabric hurt, they were leaking only slighty and it was sticky :oops: it wasnt alot though I would not have notice other then I was rubbing my nipple as it hurt so much :oops:

Sarah

Mine dont hurt its only when i was sat in my dressing gown i felt a wet drip and noticed as i had no bra on.

Thanks Kelly,

:shock: mine really hurt, is that not normal then. it hurt that much I even began to think if it is going to hurt this much I dont think I would last long breast feeding.

I think I will check with my midwife next week

Sarah

I had sore boobs a few weeks ago, my nipples were agony. Perhaps as your leaking now its just the two things coinciding. I am sure its normal i think a lot of people get sore boobs, just check with the midwife to be sure.

My midwife gets asked all sorts that makes me blush but she says shes been asked a 1000 times before and worse things so dont worry about checking! Thats what theyre there for.

At least we know we will be able to supply for our babys needs which is reassuring. :D

My boobs have leaked but only when I squeeze my nipples! And its just clear liquid which comes out......is it supposed to be yellow?

Oh no ive started something now, does anyone know???!

lol, am at an antenatal class tonight so if no one is any wiser by then ill ask!

well ive had both, bright yellow and clear so i guess both are normal.

Hey girls,

lm no expert, but isnt there a thing about putting cabbage leaves into your bra, apparently a good remedy for helping sore nipples?

if that does not work, then maybe those gel packs,...l have seen some in boots, although l don't think they are particularly cheap. Hope l have helped you out a bit mumtobihope?

Fluffy. xx :lol:

I have both too - a combination of bright yellow colostrum and clear liquid, I think it's quite exciting, means we are all getting ready to feed our babies!!

Arent our bodies incredible, i was secretly very excited to see it.

I said to OH and was suprised that he was chuffed too, i think it brings the reality of the baby to him! Bless him hes a sweetie. I love him so much and cant wait to make him a daddy again!

I cant beleive in less than a few weeks i'll have a baby! :shock:

kellysomer said:
Arent our bodies incredible, i was secretly very excited to see it.

My OH got very excited about the milk I had just expressed sying "I can't believe this came out of your body". It is completely mad, when I see Seren growing it is weird to think something out of my body is causing that.
God luck Kellysomer for your impending birth, its so exciting x

Thanks Beanie, and love to your beautiful daughter im not suprised you;re proud, you should be!

Aw thanks Kellysomer, you have made me go all emotional now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back